WTF Vinnie from the Chaka DVD (UNSEEN FOOTAGE)

Old Pit Guy

Re: WTF Vinnie from the Chaka DVD (UNSEEN FOOTAGE)

Postby Old Pit Guy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:17 am

Last edited by Old Pit Guy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
72drum

Postby 72drum » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am

Man, I missed this one. If anyone can share, it would be appreciated.
willyz

Postby willyz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 am

Seriously- my shitty internet connection prevented me from viewing this more than a minute and a half in... someone needs to share!
Got Blushda?
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 pm

This previously unreleased footage was never authorized for release.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:17 pm

...we may have found the rat!
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Last edited by Old Pit Guy on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:57 pm

So, the entire time that a camera is in his face, he says nothing. Perhaps presuming that the film crew is just getting lighting and perspective and all that other stuff about filming that I don't understand. Okay. BUT... Everything else that he's filmed doing (concerts, rehearsals, sessions, BOOTLEG CLUB VIDS!!!!!!!), he's fine with? I don't know the man, but feel that he may be a little sensitive about what amounts to him playing amazing shit that his most fervent fans totally lose their shit about. Again, not on his level (duh), and maybe he's embarrassed about what he played, but maybe let it slide. You're one of the most influential drummers of all time and you're concerned about some amazing drummistic internet content? Why? Maybe because he wasn't paid for this soundcheck and we're all so fucking entertained? Maybe? Or not. I saw it. I saved it. I'll study it. Sorry, Vinnie... your untouchable phrasing for 20 minutes is on my hard drive and I'll watch it!
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 pm

I guess I'm taking a middle position here. I downloaded the video while it was available, but I've got no hard feelings for Vinnie wanting this to come down. I don't even need a reason. He doesn't owe us anything other than what we pay for -- and that's considerable. I sort of appreciate it, too, because it keeps some of the mystery in his playing. We all talk about some of the drummers we've been over-exposed to. Even watching/listening to Vinnie will have a point where we just know him so well his playing loses its mystique.

I'm sort of like a junkie who's appreciative of the dealer who won't let me O.D. on his product. ;)
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Putting myself in Vinnie's shoes... I totally understand him not liking being exposed in a context he somehow wants to keep private... Besides, I am so glad to be unknown... Being famous has a price tag no doubt...
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

I can see myself in Steve's shoes. He's got a great site, and doesn't need any hassle. Man says take it down, you take it down.

There's already stuff on this site alone that would take any determined soul decades to analyze, let alone what abounds on the ether world of the net....

Return to “Drumming Chat”