New Cars record being streamed

langmick

New Cars record being streamed

Postby langmick » Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 pm

I am a huge fan of David Robinson. Great player, solid time and took some chances playing and creating beats. He came up with some iconic fills too.

He sounds pretty good here, albeit in the modern era of recording. i've got no reason to doubt his time.

I like it, it's a nice flow of synth pop from the 80s to now, more sleek and techy and less brittle...some of those old patches were foul sounding, although they pretty much always had a decent recorded sound.

http://stream.movelikethis.com/
Kurtis

Re: New Cars record being streamed

Postby Kurtis » Tue May 03, 2011 4:05 pm

You mean the retired basketball future hall of fame guy. Great seven foot center. Won a few championships with the spurs. When I saw the name I thought basketball. Never new the name of the drummer for the cars. Chalk one up on the board of knowing rock pop drummers next time I get quizzed.

Grew up on 80s music. Cars have some great tunes. You don't hear to many classic rock bands playing cars tunes. Guess it's cause they couldn't get the sound or vibe of their tunes. As far as the drumming its just your run of the mill playing what the song requires.
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Tue May 03, 2011 7:06 pm

I've been in two bands where we covered 'just what I needed', all you need is a mini moog and a gtr player who can somewhat finger pick (solos). Didnt the Cars guitarist tour with John Fogerty? I think he did.
Avi_drums

Postby Avi_drums » Tue May 03, 2011 8:24 pm

The Cars are so good.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Tue May 03, 2011 8:45 pm

That's all the future holds for us all. Nostalgia.
drumdawg

Postby drumdawg » Tue May 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Kurtis wrote:You mean the retired basketball future hall of fame guy. Great seven foot center. Won a few championships with the spurs. When I saw the name I thought basketball. Never new the name of the drummer for the cars. Chalk one up on the board of knowing rock pop drummers next time I get quizzed.

Grew up on 80s music. Cars have some great tunes. You don't hear to many classic rock bands playing cars tunes. Guess it's cause they couldn't get the sound or vibe of their tunes. As far as the drumming its just your run of the mill playing what the song requires.

Did you know David Robinson had the last quadruple-double... oh, damn this isn't the weekend chatty yet, sorry...
peace
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Thu May 05, 2011 9:48 am

langmick wrote:I am a huge fan of David Robinson. Great player, solid time and took some chances playing and creating beats. He came up with some iconic fills too.

He sounds pretty good here, albeit in the modern era of recording. i've got no reason to doubt his time.

I like it, it's a nice flow of synth pop from the 80s to now, more sleek and techy and less brittle...some of those old patches were foul sounding, although they pretty much always had a decent recorded sound.

http://stream.movelikethis.com/

Sounds just like the old Cars.
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III

Return to “Drumming Chat”