Carlock moves to Grestch

Rodge

Re: Carlock moves to Grestch

Postby Rodge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 am

Of course we are paid for doing clinic, in that case it's like a gig, but can you imagine the service and the help that a drum company can do for you ? Drum kit almost everywhere, exposure, free gear or huge discount, clinics, etc...
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Robert Bluman

Postby Robert Bluman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:58 am

It's not for free. "A" level endorsers get free gear, and free exposure. An ad in a drum publication is exposure for the player as well as the product. Do you have any idea how much business an ad like that generates for clinics and teaching? There are drummers out there willing to pay their companies just to put them ahead in line to be in a modern drummer ad. The same way artists don't get paid directly from late night shows like Letterman when they perform. Nothing is free in this life. How many drummers do we know , who pay full price for their drums or what they claim to be 50% off cost, just to say they "endorse" a product. 90% of all endorsers who are not playing with name artists have this deal. Ever wonder how so many drummer's say "yes, I'm with Zildjian" yet, they aren't doing much in the music world. If Zildjian actually gave all those player's free gear, they would go out of business. They make tons of money off this scam. Tricking drummer's into thinking they have a deal. The only drummer's getting a deal are those who play on known gigs, and they get their gear for FREE. That's the trade off.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah true, free gear just for few guys like Vinnie, Keith too I guess, and so on...

There is so man way to work with the brand you endorse.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:24 pm

I´m not an expert in endorsing, but it´s hard to believe that Vinnie doesn´t get paid by Getsch.
His status as musician and exposure that he does with his gear are on the TOP, so it´s hard to believe.
And he is not doing clinics organized by Gretsch or any company, so...¿ just free gear ?
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Juan Expósito wrote:I´m not an expert in endorsing, but it´s hard to believe that Vinnie doesn´t get paid by Getsch.
His status as musician and exposure that he does with his gear are on the TOP, so it´s hard to believe.
And he is not doing clinics organized by Gretsch or any company, so...¿ just free gear ?

Don't mistake his popularity here on HOD and amongst a dedicated following with a worldwide star status.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah I really don't think Vinnie is paid for playing Gretsch, he, like Jeff Porcaro, has always played those drums, even while he was with Yamaha, in studio, Gretsch, since Zappa, remember that little yellow kit ? ;-)

And Jeppe is right, Vinnie is not a superstar like drummers who play with famous band, but he is for all the producers in the planet.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Rodge wrote:Yeah I really don't think Vinnie is paid for playing Gretsch, he, like Jeff Porcaro, has always played those drums, even while he was with Yamaha, in studio, Gretsch, since Zappa, remember that little yellow kit ? ;-)

And Jeppe is right, Vinnie is not a superstar like drummers who play with famous band, but he is for all the producers in the planet.

So, no drummer in the world is payed for playing a drum brand ?
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:24 pm

I read here that Gadd and Weckl are paid by Yamaha, I guess some guys are paid for that, and, maybe Vinnie is paid for playing Gretsch, I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong, at the end I know nothing about it. :-)
bigbone

Postby bigbone » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:11 pm

NOT one drummer is payed to play a brand of drum, not one drum company pay there endorsee, the only thing
that they sometime promise, is a number of clinic every years, this is were they got ''payed'', by doing clinic,
and free gear when your are on the '' 5 stars'' roster. anything else is Bull.....
Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:13 pm

DSOP wrote:I've heard rumors that Gretsch may bring the shell building in-house sometime in the future. Not that there's anything wrong with Keller. My Keller shelled Gretsch sound pretty awesome. But then again, my Gretsch work much better after I installed Yamaha tom mounts... :)

Me too... :D

I put Yammy clamps on my RIMS for my high toms...Pearl on the mounted floors because of the stability...on a Yamaha 900 tom stand. :D
Last edited by Rhythmatist on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Drumming Chat”