Vinnie/Gretsch divorce?

DSOP

Re: Vinnie/Gretsch divorce?

Postby DSOP » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 am

Poultera

Postby Poultera » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 am

If I've done this right here's a shot of Vinnie on his new kit and cymbals and also on his site it's saying Ludwig and stay tuned.....

Rodge

Postby Rodge » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 am

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Oh, well. I hope Gretsch continue making the Vinnie snares, at least ubtil I can get a couple.

Does Yamaha continue to make Vinnie's snare ? No. ;-)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Rene

Postby Rene » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am

Ludwig is now on VC's website. DW has been removed today. Zildjian still advertises his drums sticks. He's probably the first Zildjian drum stick only endorser. And we can read " stay tuned" were the name Paiste will be filled-in.....

I wonder which drums he'll be using in the studio ;)
Da Chooch

Postby Da Chooch » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 pm

VC actually looks natural w/ dem Luddy's...
....ALWAYS let the Wookie win....
Cymbalfeltfetishist

Postby Cymbalfeltfetishist » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I dunno, isn't cool to have all new stuff??? it's exciting.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

ludwig huh. this must be an on going april fools joke. that or the drums sound really good to the god of playing incredible rhythmic ideas. what's up with setting up drums in a warehouse.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Finally, the official word for Ludwig has come in with Paiste soon to follow. I'm excited because Vinnie's contributions to music are vast and I take his gear changes as a sign that he's not quitting anytime soon. He's just getting re-inspired to affect us with his inspirational playing.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Rodge wrote:Well done Paul, I think you knew it since the begining, funny as I was a Ludwig drummer end of the 90's... :D

I've been playing Ludwig snares forever, as many others I'm sure. But unless Ludwig offers die-cast hoops for their toms, I have to stay with Gretsch. Before I bought my Gretsch I was seriously considering Ludwig. Their drums have really been amazing for the last five or six years. Now that they've come out with their new hardware, they've really got it going on! I just really like die-cast hoops on my toms. Triple flanged hoops are nice, but they don't sound or feel the same to me. I know many companies (like Canopus) are adamant that their drums don't sound right with die-cast, but I really prefer them.

I bet you Ludwig DOES offer die-cast hoops within the next three years DIRECTLY as a result of Vinnie's association with them.
Richie Jarvis

Postby Richie Jarvis » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Kurtis wrote:ludwig huh. this must be an on going april fools joke. that or the drums sound really good to the god of playing incredible rhythmic ideas. what's up with setting up drums in a warehouse.

Its his new drum storage room from all of the gear he has accumulated over the years.

I did also notice a pic with Ronn Dunnett and Vinnie saying "Welcome to the family" he does make some awesome snares.... wouldn't mind one.

Return to “Drumming Chat”