SKB Drum bags?

Da Chooch

SKB Drum bags?

Postby Da Chooch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Hey folks, just ordered a set of drum bags 13, 16, and 22. i couldn't pass up due to the price / manufacturer warranty. anyone had any experiences with them? a set of 3 cost me about $110.00 my main question is if they're water proof since it does not mention on their website..

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=601&o=&offset=1&c=96&s=77

thanks in advance,

chooch
....ALWAYS let the Wookie win....
Joe Nocella

Re: SKB Drum bags?

Postby Joe Nocella » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:48 pm

I have the same bags on your link. I don't know for sure if they are waterproof on not. I think you could probably cart them in the rain and be ok. Submerge them in a puddle, different story. I would say the weakest point on these bags is the strap. The 22" couldn't handle the weight and it broke. I now have it tied in a knot to the D ring attached to the top of the bag. I'm dreading the day when that thing snaps while carrying it on my back like I do. Decent for the money though....
Da Chooch

Postby Da Chooch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:07 pm

Joe Nocella wrote:I have the same bags on your link. I don't know for sure if they are waterproof on not. I think you could probably cart them in the rain and be ok. Submerge them in a puddle, different story. I would say the weakest point on these bags is the strap. The 22" couldn't handle the weight and it broke. I now have it tied in a knot to the D ring attached to the top of the bag. I'm dreading the day when that thing snaps while carrying it on my back like I do. Decent for the money though....

Joe,

thank you very much. yeah, as my mom would always say, "you pay for what you get.." with that said, it sounds like the perfect solution for a gigging weekend drummer on a budget. i wonder if your warranty covers that broken strap? anywho, thank you for your insight. much obliged :)
samnmax203

Postby samnmax203 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 am

Chooch- Whenever we've had any issues with strap breakages for customers SKB has always taken them back under warranty.
Da Chooch

Postby Da Chooch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:39 pm

thanks samnmax.. that's what i figured...
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:39 pm

I had other SKB products...rack case, and gun cases for rifles and pistols...nice stuff.

I did just get a Protection Racket snare bag...nicely lined with sheepskin-type padding.

Return to “Drumming Chat”