Vinnie signs deal with Paiste.

Manu

Re: Vinnie signs deal with Paiste.

Postby Manu » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Juan Expósito wrote:Paiste, give us a REAL PRO-SHOT PROMO VIDEO with VINNIE playing.
Ok, Ludwig too !!
Everytime I´ve had the chance to play Paistes...I love them !!

THIIIS! please now is that rare chance where we can have some hq video of Vinnie to treasure for the next decade!
Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

circh bustom wrote:Just out of curiousity, what kind of drummer would you consider Vinnie? If you had to pin it down.

Wow, a tough one...let's see, hmmmm...badass comes to mind almost instantly. :D
Robert Bluman

Postby Robert Bluman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Sorry, I don't agree at all with people saying "signature sound". Jeff Porcaro could have been playing ANY cymbals. Of course he chose what he liked, but it's not about the brand. When Antonio Sanchez got the Pat Metheny gig he didn't go out and sign with Paiste for that flat ride sound. He plays Zildjians and he get's a very similar sound on the PMG material as Danny Gottlieb did on those early recordings.
Vinnie Colaiuta could be playing garbage can lids and CB700 drums and he would still sound like Vinnie. You all are getting caught up in the same fluff that makes America a big plastic mess. It's business, it's advertising, and it's money. End of story. Vinnie switching brands is not even worth a discussion. Who cares? You think saxophonists cared about which mouth pieces Michael Brecker used? They didn't because it wasn't big business like drumming. Let's not let this great drum forum get sucked into advertising for Ludwig and Paiste by making more out of the topic. The guy made a change. Who cares why? It's nothing to talk about. You play what YOU like, or what suits you business wise. That's my take on all of this.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Robert Bluman wrote:Sorry, I don't agree at all with people saying "signature sound". Jeff Porcaro could have been playing ANY cymbals. Of course he chose what he liked, but it's not about the brand. When Antonio Sanchez got the Pat Metheny gig he didn't go out and sign with Paiste for that flat ride sound. He plays Zildjians and he get's a very similar sound on the PMG material as Danny Gottlieb did on those early recordings.
Vinnie Colaiuta could be playing garbage can lids and CB700 drums and he would still sound like Vinnie. You all are getting caught up in the same fluff that makes America a big plastic mess. It's business, it's advertising, and it's money. End of story. Vinnie switching brands is not even worth a discussion. Who cares? You think saxophonists cared about which mouth pieces Michael Brecker used? They didn't because it wasn't big business like drumming. Let's not let this great drum forum get sucked into advertising for Ludwig and Paiste by making more out of the topic. The guy made a change. Who cares why? It's nothing to talk about. You play what YOU like, or what suits you business wise. That's my take on all of this.

Hmmm....this thread has 20 pages, 9682 views...;)
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:19 am

Robert Bluman wrote:You think saxophonists cared about which mouth pieces Michael Brecker used? They didn't because it wasn't big business like drumming.

Actually they completely obesess over it and it doesn't stop there. Reeds, ligatures, pads how he treats his reeds, who does the maintenance or on his sax.

Ask e.g. a saxplayer who's onto Sanborn about the going rate for an original Harrison ligature that'll fit his Dukoff and compare that to the original price.

The sax world, the guitar world or whatever it's all the same if you're "in the know", so to speak.

Who cares and who doesn't isn't intrument specific, it's personal.

Return to “Drumming Chat”