Queen's jubilee gigs.

cristaples

Queen's jubilee gigs.

Postby cristaples » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 pm

That has to be the best intro to a gig I've seen. The band of the Coldstream guards and Robbie Williams. Shame he couldn't smile. Donovan Hepburn seems to have most of the gig. Is that a HOD member with Tom Jones?

I've had 4 gigs this weekend, really great gigs too! My gf is in The Mall watching the royal gig now. She just texted me that it's totally mental.
What a great way to have a party for a nation and the commonwealth.
Love it.
The USA will probably ask if they can be part if the empire again. New York will be renamed chiddingly on sea and well teach you how to make a cup of tea! ;0)

4000 beacons will be lit tonight around the world.
electrizer

Re: Queen's jubilee gigs.

Postby electrizer » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Watching that stuff right now on BBC while preparing the cover of our new album for printing :) I can see Laboriel Jr. still with Sir McCartney.

I must say that the song with the choir, african kids singing and the Kenyan drummers sounded incredible. Anyone else watching this right now?
bored at work

Postby bored at work » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:36 pm

cristaples wrote:That has to be the best intro to a gig I've seen. The band of the Coldstream guards and Robbie Williams. Shame he couldn't smile. Donovan Hepburn seems to have most of the gig. Is that a HOD member with Tom Jones?

I've had 4 gigs this weekend, really great gigs too! My gf is in The Mall watching the royal gig now. She just texted me that it's totally mental.
What a great way to have a party for a nation and the commonwealth.
Love it.
The USA will probably ask if they can be part if the empire again. New York will be renamed chiddingly on sea and well teach you how to make a cup of tea! ;0)

4000 beacons will be lit tonight around the world.

It's Gary Wallis, no it isn't!
cristaples

Postby cristaples » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:30 pm

That was a great four day weekend, nearly five with the fridày night. All my gigs were really great, The last one a town centre stage with around 500 people, a young lad who is disabled got up and played air guitar with us to some led zep, the singer strapped a guitar on him and he mimed with it. Not a dry eye in the house. Our guitarist's mum had tears running. The whole spirit of the weekend was so good in Eastbourne, Hastings, Seaford, and Horsham. Even in my home town at the supermarket everyone was talking about the great weekend. Makes a royal wedding look like a tea party. I missed the street party in my road, too many gigs.

Return to “Drumming Chat”