Vic Firth Customer Service

willyz

Vic Firth Customer Service

Postby willyz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:49 am

Has anyone else attempted to reach customer service at Vic Firth?

I'm stumped over their distribution model as I've been finding it extremely difficult to find many of their "newer" models (PE Big Band stick, for example) physically in stores. Sure, there's Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc, etc, but I'd rather not blow money on a brick of sticks that may not work for me. Even Guitar Center carries the other Erskine models.

I sent an email to the customer service address listed on the VF website back in May and never got a response back...
Got Blushda?
Josiah

Re: Vic Firth Customer Service

Postby Josiah » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

You should be able to have your LDS or GC, Sam, etc order any pair of VicFirth sticks if they have a vicfirth account. If they don't want to or are unwilling to do that for you, that would be pretty lame. However I've never had an issue having shops attach a few new models of sticks on to their regular orders.

The guys at VicFirth have always got back to me fairly quickly, within a day or two, however I've never used the actual 'Customer Service' contacts. Try chuck@vicfirth.com which is I believe the CS stuff or jtesta@vicfirth.com handles the AR.
willyz

Postby willyz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah, the chuck@vicfirth was the address I emailed back in May.

Both Guitar Centers as well as the two 'drum shops' in town didn't even know about the stick.
Got Blushda?
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 am

Well sales people at GC not knowing about a new product is par for the course... If you know the model number/letters it should pop up in their computer easy enough.

I almost always roll with the part numbers now to stores, it's just so much faster then trying to explain.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:01 am

Stores can't stock every stick. They stock the things they think they can sell. Good news is ANY decent store should be able to get you whatever you want from Vic. I ordered one pair each of Gavin's, Haake and the Rammstein guy's sticks. Took maybe two weeks to get them. You don't have to buy a brick.

Return to “Drumming Chat”