Big Weckl announcement?

Clint Hopkins

Re: Big Weckl announcement?

Postby Clint Hopkins » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:I think Omar Hakim played on that Bowie record.

It was Omar and I meant to point out that both, he and Tony played on it, but weren't credited for which tracks they played on. According to the Sound on Sound article, Nile Rodgers is into having bands act as a collective and individual playing credits aren't important.
langmick

Postby langmick » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Yes, no individual credits...wonder why he was into that!
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 pm

langmick wrote:Yes, no individual credits...wonder why he was into that!

"If you look at Chic album credits, we never specify what song anyone plays on, and that is because Bernard and I wanted everybody to go out and be successful. We used to say to them 'Look, if no one knows what you did, but they know that you're on it in some way, I don't care if you lie and tell people "Oh yeah, I did that song."' We used to tell them to do that all the time, and they did. Like with David Bowie's Let's Dance, no one knows what songs Tony Thompson played on because I never put that in the credits. They say 'Drums: Omar Hakim and Tony Thompson.' So, when you see the video and you think 'Oh, that's Tony playing on "Modern Love",' I go 'No, that's Omar Hakim playing on "Modern Love". Tony Thompson is playing in the video because he was on tour with Bowie.' So, we did that purposely and I still do that to this day. I just want it to be a sort of communal effort. And I admit that I love looking at credits and saying 'Oh shit, that's who played bass on that song,' but with Chic it's more about the collective organisation, it's not about who played what on what."

Source: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr05/a ... tracks.htm
langmick

Postby langmick » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 pm

I smell money as the reason. :0)
Mark Petersson

Postby Mark Petersson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Only 23% left... and 3 days...
Just a few more days and I'm sure the project would hit the goal....
Does anyone know what happens if time's up and it hasn't reached 100%?
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Mark Petersson wrote:Only 23% left... and 3 days...
Just a few more days and I'm sure the project would hit the goal....
Does anyone know what happens if time's up and it hasn't reached 100%?

>>>

How does a PledgeMusic campaign work?

We offer two distinct options for campaigns:

A PledgeMusic direct-to-fan campaign offers all-or-nothing fundraising. This is our traditional campaign type, and allows fans to pledge without any transfer of money until a specific fundraising goal is met. This type of campaign is perfect for independent artists, and those wishing to raise money to record or set up an album release, tour, or video.

A PledgeMusic preorder campaign is similar to other e-commerce preorder campaigns, but bundles in all the communication and marketing tools that make PledgeMusic great. These tools allow artists to connect and market directly to their core fans, and spread the word beyond. For this type of campaign, fans are charged immediately upon pledging. This type of campaign is designed for labels and artists who have already completed a recording, and are looking for a strategic way to pre-sell and market it.

Source:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/site/faq?locale=en
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:46 pm

So this is essentially how much it costs to do something like this, and make some coin?
Mark Petersson

Postby Mark Petersson » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:40 am

amoergosum wrote:A PledgeMusic direct-to-fan campaign offers all-or-nothing fundraising.

All or nothing... hm... maybe Weckl should pledge the last few percent himself... to make it happen... :? :?:
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am

Again...pledgemusic should be more transparent like kickstarter. On kickstarter you can see exactly what the target
is AND you can see the exact numbers of pledges next to each package. It's a psychological thing but it's important in my opinion since it makes everyone feel more involved.
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:04 am

75% now.
The thing is going to happen.
Sure.

Return to “Drumming Chat”