VC on the cover of next month MD.

Kurtis

Re: VC on the cover of next month MD.

Postby Kurtis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Don't give a shit why Vinnie plays this or that. Timmy don't bother. We all like different things.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Will Vinnie be announcing an upcoming announcement?
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 am

I wonder if this interview is just PR for his move to Ludwig/Paiste. could be. I'll still buy the issue and look fwd to the interview.
timmy

Postby timmy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

im not saying I know why he changed . who could tell anyway if not him .i was trying to say that he just had this kind of same speech talking about cymbals and drums thant he had before , and you guys have red ALL the interviews , like i did , for understanding very well what i'm saying .but has i said , rodge , i liked very(very) much the one u did , just because i know u a litlle ,and the questions you've asked to him make me felt it was a bit personnal .wich i loved .
that's all .
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm

deseipel wrote:I wonder if this interview is just PR for his move to Ludwig/Paiste. could be.

No. He's done MD interviews in 1982, 1987, 1993, and 2007. There's usually a five year spread between interviews and the last one was five years ago. I'm sure Paiste and Ludwig are thrilled that this interview is time for release just before NAMM though.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Kurtis wrote:Don't give a shit why Vinnie plays this or that. Timmy don't bother. We all like different things.

You should, because if nothing else, it greatly influences the market. And if the market is defined by business politics instead of musicality, well then you might just see your local drum shops going out of business because big brands only want to deal with major distributors and so places like GC will....

....oh wait. Dammit.

He switched because of MONEY. Plain and simple. Christopher might come along and say they don't "pay" artists, but giving someone $35,000 in cymbals and $100,000 in road support a year is still paying them.....

Vinnie would do more interviews, but flat out he just isn't that popular. You speak his name to "non-drummers" and nobody has a flipping clue who you are talking about. Interviews in mag's are for the flavor of the month. You can very easily look at the cover interviews and correspond them with the popular band of the day.

It's just business. You guys read WAY too much into shit, it's really THAT obvious what's up. And without reading it, assuredly the interview really isn't going to be very eye opening, probably will not cover anything technique wise, doubtful there's even a transcription... but I can bet there's a question or two about gear...
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Josiah wrote:He switched because of MONEY. Plain and simple. Christopher might come along and say they don't "pay" artists, but giving someone $35,000 in cymbals and $100,000 in road support a year is still paying them.....

Enough already with all the speculation. It wasn't about money. Zildjian has way more money than Paiste, so if it was about money, Zildjian always wins. Trust me, it's exactly what he's said. Believe it nor not. Now let it rest.

You like Paiste? Play Paiste. You like Zildjian? Play Zildjian? Prefer Sabian or Istanbul? Meinl? They all make great stuff. Same with Gretsch and Ludwig.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Josiah I don't and haven't cared what others play. When I was in my teens and early 20's it had some influence. I'm not that picky. If I can get a piece of shit kit sounding good all is coming up roses. You don't need a top end kit. I can get a drum sounding pretty good with heads and tuning. Cymbals are a different animal. I prefer Zilds. I like the other cymbal companies also. Paiste and Sabains are great cymbal makers. Drum adds don't influence my purchases.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Speaking of advertising (which I despise competely), are there any ads, for ANY product, that can sway you to check out or even purchase something?
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:Speaking of advertising (which I despise competely), are there any ads, for ANY product, that can sway you to check out or even purchase something?

Ya, that's some genius reasoning.... Really? Because YOU define the market? That's hilarious. Please, continue on in your marketing lecture... maybe you can lend your skills so all those drum shops can stop going out of business. Asshole.

Brass Tacks:

A: Some company pays a shit ton for advertising. What does a full page ad in MD cost?

B: A given player, let's call them 'V', gets really upset about people taking pictures of them.

C: Player 'V' is in beautiful full color pictures with given product.

Ya, Vinnie just decided "those" people are special and can take pictures and use his likeness. Come on.... laughable if you don't understand the business side of shit.

Yup, anyone can use anything. But this guy ain't just using whatever is he? Nope. He's signing contracts with particular brands. Get over it.

Vince's comments are really no better then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjP4CV3S ... r_embedded

Return to “Drumming Chat”