VC on the cover of next month MD.

Paul Marangoni

Re: VC on the cover of next month MD.

Postby Paul Marangoni » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Speaking of magazines, I think Vinnie is going to be in an upcoming issue of Drumhead too.
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Ask all the guys who tried to vibrafibe their drums!

Or set up their drums on a barge and float down a river.

Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Yussuf wrote:
The pattern has been(since the 'yamahaplayer' -days) for a long time that you ...

I'm way behind the 8 ball on this one. Had no idea there was a Sybil thing afoot.
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

I wonder how much the changing landscape has shifted emphasis to gear? No one paid much attention to gear back in the day other than having decent stuff. But then it wasn't terribly difficult to put something together and go out and play, even if only for expenses and meal money. Now everyone is so into home studios and this and that .. coveting gear is off the hook.
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Paul, I almost wrote that second paragraph myself except I would have substituted Carter Beauford for Phil Collins. I didnt get into drum gear till about 8 years after I started playing playing. In fact I never paid attention to drum sizes at all till I started getting into Carter.
bclarkio

Postby bclarkio » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Josiah wrote:Asshole.

Q: What's got three legs and an asshole?

A: a drum throne.

When I read Josiah's post last night, I thought to myself, "I hope DSOP doesn't rise to the bait; that post is so obviously provocative."

"It's not even real! You won't even taste anything! Can't you see those wicked red hooks?"

"Don't do it!"

"Damn! Another trophy for Josiah!"

"Now, if this was the bait, I guess I couldn't blame you."
David Francis

Postby David Francis » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:Speaking of magazines, I think Vinnie is going to be in an upcoming issue of Drumhead too.

THAT would be incredible. I know they had some issues with the online service at one time but I have a digital subscription now and really enjoy Mover's interviews. They are always fairly extensive too.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 am

bclarkio wrote:When I read Josiah's post last night, I thought to myself, "I hope DSOP doesn't rise to the bait; that post is so obviously provocative.

The kid obviously has some serious issues. This wouldn't be the first forum he's been banned from either.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:50 am

David Francis wrote:
Paul Marangoni wrote:Speaking of magazines, I think Vinnie is going to be in an upcoming issue of Drumhead too.

THAT would be incredible. I know they had some issues with the online service at one time but I have a digital subscription now and really enjoy Mover's interviews. They are always fairly extensive too.

I subscribed to their digital magazine a few years ago and nothing but problems with it, as well as with their non-existent customer service. I'm glad they sorted it all out.
bclarkio

Postby bclarkio » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:
bclarkio wrote:When I read Josiah's post last night, I thought to myself, "I hope DSOP doesn't rise to the bait; that post is so obviously provocative.

The kid obviously has some serious issues. This wouldn't be the first forum he's been banned from either.

I can't defend some of Josiah's actions, but I've grown to enjoy his presence here; he makes me laugh, and he definitely has lots of fire!

And, with the amount of spirited discussions we have around here, I don't think any of it should be taken too seriously.

Josiah, I didn't mean to offend you with my post, just having a little fun.

Return to “Drumming Chat”