VC on the cover of next month MD.

Kurtis

Re: VC on the cover of next month MD.

Postby Kurtis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 am

marco minnemann's drums sound very good on the live DVD "get all you deserve". It's a Steve Wilson concert. Toms sound good. Nice tone. And he's playing DW's. go figure.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am

Marco always sounds awesome, including his old Tamas and Meinl cymbals.
Rene

Postby Rene » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am

I remember an interview with JR Robinson in MD. He discussed young pro drummers. He noticed that the young pro didn't dare entering a studio or stage without a DW endorsement. He was always happy with his Pearl / Yamaha sound and never got questioned neither should the young pro's. Well we know what he endorses currently.

To hear some Bull shit about his move .....

And to backup Josiah post (and yes I do think he crosses the line sometimes). I back him up that endorsements - and know that from lot of pro drummers, drum teachers, drumshop owners - it all has to do with $$$$$ or €€€€€. Gergo moved to Paiste probably cause of the relationshop between Paiste and Drumcraft. Had nothing to do with the sound he was always looking for. Well he sound good on a Drumcraft series 7.

The best endorsement deals or those if you (a) believe in the product as a drummer and (b) get good support. I believe and know the considerations of Vinnie moving to Paiste as told by him in the Paiste video interview are true. But I know :D that the other part was discussed as well. I've my sources :D

And I never bought a product after seeing an ad. BThey sell nothing. A lot of teachers overlook this part in my opinion. They should be a reliable source, educating young drummers on the different sound, manufacturers etc..... I
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 pm

That JR clip is just sad. DW drums make him a better drummer? And goes down hill from there. He knows drums better than most. He knows drum sound. Why can't he just flat out be honest about all drum companies. There are lots of drum companies that make great drums. I know, you can't be honest with a camera on you. He's promoting DW cause he's getting some type of scratch or support. Some people that are in the business come on this forum and say guys like Wek and Vinne don't recieve one cent for using there brand. They just get support. Where ever they go there is a yammy kit or Ludwig kit for them to use. Guess it helps to be endorsed by a company that provides great support and good people that make it happen. JR made it sound like the people at DW fart rainbows that smell like a rose garden in full bloom. Felt like he was throwing underhand to a 4 year old at t-ball practice. Behind closed doors is the only way to have an honest sincere conversation. And of course you have to be friends with the guy. Being a stranger asking real questions won't get an honest response. You'll get a softball instead of a fast curveball.
Joe Nocella

Postby Joe Nocella » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Sorry this thread has been hijacked but....

I could only make it 3:00 minutes into the JR clip. That was absolutely horrible. I'd say only marginally more awkward than the infamous Thomas Lang DW turd seen here:

"I'm addicted to wood."

WTF
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Kurtis wrote:Some people that are in the business come on this forum and say guys like Wek and Vinne don't recieve one cent for using there brand. They just get support.

It's a different story with the signature lines. They usually receive a small percentage of sales in those cases.
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm

thewikiman wrote:
Yep I agree - I started playing Yamaha / Zildjian Vinnie, Weckl and Erskine did but I still do because I love them.

But that's partly what I was trying to say - that's all endorsement related, not advert related...

When I started, we played Zildjian because that's all there was. I never saw K's either (distributed by Gretsch, I think), only A's. Simple choice. Paiste came out a little later - distributed by Ludwig at first. I played Ludwig because Ringo / Bonham / Paice, et al. played Ludwig. I think we all go through that. Later I started liking Paiste - and Ludwig had its years in the wilderness. Glad Ludwig didn't end up like Rogers and Slingerland.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 pm

OMG did he really say that? Did he actually say that? What the fuck?
"The drums themselves..uhhh..make my playing better."

I stopped it there. I was laughing too hard.
bigbone

Postby bigbone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Rene wrote:I remember an interview with JR Robinson in MD. He discussed young pro drummers. He noticed that the young pro didn't dare entering a studio or stage without a DW endorsement. He was always happy with his Pearl / Yamaha sound and never got questioned neither should the young pro's. Well we know what he endorses currently.

To hear some Bull shit about his move .....

And to backup Josiah post (and yes I do think he crosses the line sometimes). I back him up that endorsements - and know that from lot of pro drummers, drum teachers, drumshop owners - it all has to do with $$$$$ or €€€€€. Gergo moved to Paiste probably cause of the relationshop between Paiste and Drumcraft. Had nothing to do with the sound he was always looking for. Well he sound good on a Drumcraft series 7.

The best endorsement deals or those if you (a) believe in the product as a drummer and (b) get good support. I believe and know the considerations of Vinnie moving to Paiste as told by him in the Paiste video interview are true. But I know :D that the other part was discussed as well. I've my sources :D

And I never bought a product after seeing an ad. BThey sell nothing. A lot of teachers overlook this part in my opinion. They should be a reliable source, educating young drummers on the different sound, manufacturers etc..... I

JR not the only one saying bullshit, you in that tread said a lot of bullshit..... you don't know what the fvck your talking about.........
Patrick Tiglao

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

This was nice thread at first.
Then Josiah went nuts again .
Now We are talking about DW's and JR.(Love JR ,Not a Fan of DW's)

Wow. :|

So back on topic ......I hope this next MD will have some tasty VC transcriptions.

The transcriptions are always great to work on.
There is nothing left to say.

Return to “Drumming Chat”