Gary Novak with Gretsch?

circh bustom

Re: Gary Novak with Gretsch?

Postby circh bustom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Julian, with all due respect, I'm gonna go with Hagi's observation. Of course there are other factors involved, but I would bet that the aging issue is more than 1%.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:42 pm

No offense taken, man. I do believe that your ears are more important than what anyone else has to say. To me, vintage instruments was always about mojo mostly. If you kit inspires you, then the investment is worthy!
On the other hand is impossible to try to compare your perception about how a kit sounded X years ago and how it sounds now. I bet it sounds better now based on all the experience gained during that process.
Having said that, I´m always looking for pre-yess RCs... :)
Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Kurtis wrote:Have a set of yammy RC's that are 25 years old. They still sound great. Think they sound more punchy these days. They project well.

Mine are 30 next year. Not sure if the age has helped, but it sure as hell hasn't hurt them.
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 am

electrizer wrote:OK now I've got to get a Possible Chops subscription. Surely...

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Everyone needs to try a decent drumset some time.

I don't quite understand, he's not playin a Sonor there... :D

I had a possible chops subscription for quite a while. There are about 50 or 60 Gary licks that are similar to the spud video originally posted. Gary's hands are just sick. possible chops wasn't really what I expected. A lot of the licks have no transcriptions and I felt like there could have been some discussion or explanation, but it's just clips of Gary blowing figures, which is still cool.

Return to “Drumming Chat”