NAMM 2013- LA HOD Hang?

willyz

NAMM 2013- LA HOD Hang?

Postby willyz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Folks, we're a little over a month away from NAMM. I think an HOD shindig is in order. Who is going to be in town?

I'm not sure if I'll have a pass or not, but I'd love to get together with anyone that's in town for a meal, drink, coffee, or shed-session. Would be great to hang with those of you I haven't seen a while and to meet the rest of the lot. Ideas/thoughts?
Got Blushda?
Paul Marangoni

Re: NAMM 2013- LA HOD Hang?

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Billy Cobham is playing that weeked (at the Mint) and it's my birthday on the 28th, so I'm going to look into getting tix for that show. I haven't seen Billy live in over 20 years! Gary Husband will be playing keys too.

UPDATE: Never mind. It's standing room only already. I don't do SRO unfortunately. Bummer...
LP drums

Postby LP drums » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:30 am

I am moving to LA in Jan and will be at the NAMM show. Be nice to meet up. Already spoken to Randy about meeting....
tobiasralph

Postby tobiasralph » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey-
I'll be at NAMM. Is there an official hang? I would love to meet up with some of you. Unfortunately, it's going to be a pretty quick trip this time around as I'll only be there for Thursday & Friday. I have an artist signing at the Sonor booth at 4:00pm on Friday, but other than that I'll just be meandering around. Looking forward to meeting some fellow HOD cats. Let me know.
Cheers,
Tobias
willyz

Postby willyz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain a pass, but if there's a hang between Anahiem and LA I'm willing to make the effort.

Can't afford to spend much, but it's always a good hang with fellow HOD bothern!
Got Blushda?
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:Billy Cobham is playing that weeked (at the Mint) and it's my birthday on the 28th, so I'm going to look into getting tix for that show. I haven't seen Billy live in over 20 years! Gary Husband will be playing keys too.

UPDATE: Never mind. It's standing room only already. I don't do SRO unfortunately. Bummer...

Going to check this out tonight @ Yoshi's, *really* looking forward to it ....
smoggrocks

Postby smoggrocks » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 am

sooooo...

did any of yous get to hang? how was namm? it seems like a veritable shitshow, but i imagine there's an upside.

my friend got invited to play drums at one of the booths. i was happy for him, as it seems he got to network.

randy was kind enough to post a few colon pipe shots on fb. and i noticed smitty smith was there. beyond that, i think an event like this would simply overwhelm me.

what of the rest of yas?
Preserve wildlife...throw a party.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 am

I would say that going at NAMM every 3/4 year is really fun !!! :D
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”