Tama drum throne

Christopher

Re: Tama drum throne

Postby Christopher » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I have that one too. With the back rest as well. Best throne I've ever had.

No wobble from mine at all. Maybe you got a dud Moose?
moose

Postby moose » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Christopher wrote:Maybe you got a dud Moose?

A dud Moose? I've been called worse.

It wasn't new, and the nylon bush was obviously a little worn. Perhaps it suffered under (sorry) the previous owner for not being tightened up properly as previous noted.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:38 am

I like swivel in my throne...?
cristaples

Postby cristaples » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:16 am

I have the Tama 4 leg with the backrest too, it's great, no wobbles and I'm on my second nylon bush and bolt, not coz the old ones wore out badly, but after 6 years of twice weekly use it was a good idea to get new ones and keep the old ones in my stick bag as spares..... best seat I ever had, I use it on other kits that I sit in on for rehearsals and carry it in my van all the time so I can use it at work if I need a seat. I don't see any wear on the rest of the seat or base yet so it'll lastr another 6 years easy.
Paul Rivet

Postby Paul Rivet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 am

This is good to know - overall...

I've been using the same throne for easily 18+ years... I don't even recall what make it is because it's the oldest bit of hardware I (have continually) owned. hahah I've gone through probably 6 drumkits but had the same throne throughout the process.

it's definitely something I want to replace when I buy a new kit next year. It's served me well but there are a couple of really worn parts and I've done about all the repairing I can to it.

I've had the opportunity to try various rental kits and different thrones over the last couple of years and there are indeed some really comfortable ones out there.
I'm a wolf in cheap clothing
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:46 am

I have a Pearl D-2000 throne. http://www.pearldrum.com/products/hardw ... -2000.aspx
Its been ok, but its very stiff. And the thing weights a ton. I don't like 4 legs much either. On uneven surfaces it will rock more due to one or more of the legs not sitting on the ground at the same time. With 3 legs I don't see that being as problematic.
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 am

I'll weigh in here, no pun intended...lol I've got the roc n soc bicycle and I'm very happy with it. Wouldn't recommend the nitro though. If i didn't have a roc n soc I'd probably play the dw one although I hate thrones that move up and down.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
YamahaPlayer

Postby YamahaPlayer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:49 pm

A friend of mines Pearl throne snapped at the central rod, dumped him backwards and witness's said he fell about 2" from the ultra sharp and jagged broken post. Prob the most freak break of all things but still interesting.

While I've worn the seat out, it's nice when you can just order a new seat and re-use the base.

Return to “Drumming Chat”