Linley Marthe

beat hit

Linley Marthe

Postby beat hit » Sat May 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Oh man.. Did bass player Linley Marthe ever catch my attention from the Zawinul clip via the Nathaniel Townsley topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1769

That's the clip below (posted by Paul M.)... I love his solo starting at 9:09... Amazing ideas and sound...

Clips below are featuring Linley Marthe with the Mario Canonge Trio along with this unknown (to me) drummer Chander Chardjoe... I like these a lot.. What a bass player!!

Morgenthaler

Re: Linley Marthe

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun May 26, 2013 3:13 am

Yup, absolutely love the guy. Saw him a few times with TZS - blowing my mind each time.
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Sun May 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Morgenthaler wrote:Yup, absolutely love the guy. Saw him a few times with TZS - blowing my mind each time.

Me too and plus one! Amazing player. I think I saw him with Zawinul three times, twice with Nat Townsley and once with Rodge.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Phil T. wrote:
Morgenthaler wrote:Yup, absolutely love the guy. Saw him a few times with TZS - blowing my mind each time.

Me too and plus one! Amazing player. I think I saw him with Zawinul three times, twice with Nat Townsley and once with Rodge.

Nice! I saw him one time with Paco on drums and one time with Karim Ziad. Paco is a beast.
Also saw Etienne MBappe with Zawinul once. Another amazing bassist, but Linley to me was like seeing Hendrix on bass. Really, he had that impact on me.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 am

Morgenthaler wrote:Linley to me was like seeing Hendrix on bass. Really, he had that impact on me.

I felt the same thing. Shocking. I thought Richard Bona was a monster, but Linley takes it to another plane. Do check him out any chance you get.
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Tue May 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Phil T. wrote:Me too and plus one! Amazing player. I think I saw him with Zawinul three times, twice with Nat Townsley and once with Rodge.

Here's with Rodge...

Return to “Drumming Chat”