Sting/Paul Simon Tour

Rodge

Re: Sting/Paul Simon Tour

Postby Rodge » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:46 am

Kurtis wrote:Paul's music is pretty mellow. Stings tunes are full of energy. It's a stadium tour and that makes for bad acoustics. This is a pass. Vinnie or no Vinnie. Wouldn't be able to hear all of his goodness. If sting is gonna play music from his latest album you will need a bed to sleep on. Paul Simons tunes will put you in a coma. Just speculating. Will have to see some clips of the tour. Wife wants to go. I'm not paying 5.7 million dollars for nose bleed seats. I mean lighting for these shows is a few spot lights. It's not a big production.

Kurtis, you just killed me so I LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
ChrisCawthray

Postby ChrisCawthray » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 am

PS has used Jim Oblon (a Nashville guy, also a singer/songwriter and guitarist) on drums lately. He sounds great, understated and simple. He lets Jamey Haddad shine on percussion and most of the other band members add drums and percussion on various tunes. He released a live DVD from NYC in 2011 that is this band.

I think this double-bill would be great, but it is almost impossible to justify most concert ticket prices these days. These artists are pricing themselves so that most folks can only afford to attend one concert a year. It's a short-sighted strategy, IMO.
Chris Cawthray > drummer
http://www.chriscawthray.com
drumnhands

Postby drumnhands » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:23 pm

I think the fact that it's near impossible to make any money off a record anymore because everyone feels entitled to get your music for free is driving up concert costs. Plus, the cost of touring with fuel costs, and insurance to protect yourself in a litigious society probably fits in there somewhere. I'll be curious to see how ACA plays a part from here forward as well. Will health insurance have to be provided for all suport staff?
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Sting and Paul S are multi millionaires. They live the great life. Great homes, cars you name it. They have chefs that cook for them. They ain't hurting for money. If they can get away by charging $450 bucks a seat all then power to them. Lots of people will pay.
Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm guessing Gordy will be doing a lot of stuff from his recent "musical." Like someone else mentioned earlier...yawn!!! I've heard some of it on the late night shows and it's def for the theatrical crowd. My prediction is no Vincenzo Colaiuta, no Dom Miller, no David Sancious, no Seven Days, no Synchronicity II, no Roxanne etc...If you're into seafaring drinking songs this one will be right up your alley!!!
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Rhythmatist

Postby Rhythmatist » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

I'll be damned!! That actually sounds pretty cool. Anyone know who will be in PS's band?
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 am

You can see Vinnie in the first clip at 2:10 >>>

Return to “Drumming Chat”