Best HD Video and Audio Recorder for under $500

LADanny

Re: Best HD Video and Audio Recorder for under $500

Postby LADanny » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:38 am

Hi Steve,

I bought this camera after much research based on my requirements. Specifically, I wanted great video quality with "real" zoom capabilities, and the ability to use external mics for better quality.

Although I must say, the built-in mics do a great job. But the ability to use a hotshoe mount is a great option:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-PJ430V-D ... hdr-pj430v

A little more than target, but the non-projector model would work great for you too.

Danny
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:50 pm

chris perra wrote: Sony HDRMV1
Great Go Pro quality video

It may be "Go Pro" quality, but it's not "good" quality. I checked one out a few months back and was unimpressed. Audio is decent though.[/quote]

For under 500 bucks and for drum stuff. It's up there for the best value... How did you use the camera?.. The video quality is very good.. for a wide angle static shot... lots of adjustments for lighting and audio variables. Most camera struggle in the dark.. that's where we are alot haha,.. it's got a low lux switch that works well... It's not a super high end camera quality wise but for under 500 it's pretty hard to beat it.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm

chris perra wrote:How did you use the camera?.. The video quality is very good.. for a wide angle static shot... lots of adjustments for lighting and audio variables.

I tried it in a rehearsal room with poor lighting. The video came out pretty grainy. Not bad for the price, but my Nokia 1520 shoots better video.
Steve Michaud

Postby Steve Michaud » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the very helpful (and kind!) words. All things considered (cost, wanting one camera for both video and audio, etc...), I'm feeling myself leaning toward the Zoom Q4. It would at least get me started, then I could look into some of the more expensive options. I should be getting this soon, so I can get myself online for promotion of my newly launched drum instruction studio. At some point I'll give an update, but for now I'll simply say that I'm going to be concentrating on music a lot. I'm always thankful of the support in the HOD community.

Steve
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Shot with my Sony Mv1 last night

Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com

Return to “Drumming Chat”