I've written three drumming books

GoAndPractice

I've written three drumming books

Postby GoAndPractice » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:40 am

Hi Everyone. I know self promotion isn't always welcome here but over the past few years I've been writing a series of books on drumming. Today is their first day on sale via Amazon and I'd appreciate it if you took a look. It has been quite a road to get to this point so I'm really happy to finally have them done. This is an independent release so any support or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The series is based on my youtube channel "GoAndPractice" which some of you may have seen.

The first book is called GoAndPractice: Fundamental Vocabulary for the Able Percussionist and is geared toward beginner/intermediate learners. This book is intentionally written to be style-netural so if you are a teacher this might be worth taking a look at.
http://www.amazon.com/GoAndPractice-Fundamental-Vocabulary-Able-Percussionist/dp/0986195006/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425548428&sr=8-2&keywords=goandpractice

The second book is called GoAndPractice: Rudimental Vocabulary for the Progressive Drummer and is a look at the most common rudiments and some of my favorite ways to apply/exercise them. This book is more advanced and is a good lead in to the third book:
http://www.amazon.com/GoAndPractice-Rudimental-Vocabulary-Progressive-Drummer/dp/0986195014/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1425567600&sr=8-3&keywords=goandpractice

The third book is called GoAndPractice: Drum Set Vocabulary for the Advanced Performer. This one is basically the content of my YouTube channel transcribed. There are over 200 licks, fills, and variations in there. This was fun to write as it was basically me writing out all of my favorite ideas to play.
http://www.amazon.com/GoAndPractice-Drum-Vocabulary-Advanced-Performer/dp/0986195022/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425567600&sr=8-2&keywords=goandpractice

If you're reading on this forum, books two and three are probably the ones you'd be most interested in. Any questions, fire away! Thanks!

Also... a quick thanks to Chris Perra for showing me how to use Sibelius a while back!
Paul Marangoni

Re: I've written three drumming books

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am

Congratulations, and good luck Alec.
GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:Congratulations, and good luck Alec.

Thank you! This will be an interesting game to play... the whole independent online promotion thing. I've never published anything before and I'm looking forward to learning.
Greg Moore

Postby Greg Moore » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Congratulations for seeing the project through! From the previews on Amazon it looks as if there's some really great information in there; guess I know what's next on my drum book "wish list"! By the way, really like the cover art; very classy!
GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Greg Moore wrote:Congratulations for seeing the project through! From the previews on Amazon it looks as if there's some really great information in there; guess I know what's next on my drum book "wish list"! By the way, really like the cover art; very classy!

Thanks! Yeah if you can, let me know any feedback. I'm really curious to hear what people think about it.

Glad you like the artwork. I drew up the drafts first on my own and then had a friend re-draw them. He's a professional artist and full time medical illustrator as his main gig. I decided to leave the presentation to the people who know what they're doing! I'm really happy with how they turned out.
percusski

Postby percusski » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 am

Good luck with this, I've followed your videos on YouTube for a while and there's always something fun and interesting going on!
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:44 am

Congratulation! Heck of an accomplishment!
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Love seeing new contributions like this ... congrats on a monumental achievement.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm

This is so cool - having an idea is common - going through the hoops and executing is much smaller group - executing well even smaller.
Bravo sir!
Terry Branam

Postby Terry Branam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 pm

Bravo! Congrats on getting to the finish line. Believe me, I know the amount of work this takes.

Looking forward to checking them out.

Terry
Check out my app PERFECT RHYTHM on the App store!

Return to “Drumming Chat”