DW Factory Tour

DWFunk

DW Factory Tour

Postby DWFunk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:38 pm

Hey guys, will be coming out to California tomorrow to visit family and have lined up a DW factory tour for this Friday 8th @ 2:00. Anyone in the area interested in joining me? Their regular tour day is on Thursday, but they were booked and set this up to accomodate me.
Rene

Re: DW Factory Tour

Postby Rene » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:22 am

Not to be blunt, but who are you?
DWFunk

Postby DWFunk » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:41 am

Not sure what you're asking and why .
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:05 pm

How many people post one post and ask to hang out with complete strangers?
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:53 pm

I PM'd the DW guy and we are hanging out all day tomorrow. The DW factory hang is gonna be a blast. Afterwards hit up some clubs in LA and drink until the sun comes up on Sunday! Let's do this.
DWFunk

Postby DWFunk » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:36 am

Don't know why, but feel the need to comment on following responses:

Rene: Not to be blunt, but who are you? - What do you want? My full bio? Nobody. Just a fellow musician and drummer who has had a fulfilling career, pro back in my Nashville days, small business owner who now plays on weekends. Still passionate about playing. Met a lot of musicians along the way and forged some great lasing relationships. Who, btw, were strangers at some point.

Jim Richman: How many people post one post and ask to hang out with complete strangers? - Well, does this qualify as a 2nd post? Simply put, aren't all the people who come to hear us play strangers? Some of these folks end up being good friends.

Kurtis: I PM'd the DW guy and we are hanging out all day tomorrow. The DW factory hang is gonna be a blast. Afterwards hit up some clubs in LA and drink until the sun comes up on Sunday! Let's do this. - Wow! Such biting wit! Impressive! Maybe you elicited a chuckle or too! Who takes the time and energy to do this?

To summarize: Despite the negativity and ridicule received here, it was a great week. Scored a nice '98 5 x 14 DW maple snare @ Pro Drum Shop, did the DW factory tour (it was in fact a "blast", Kurtis) with another drummer from Pasadena( who responded to my similar post on another forum), was introduced to Chad Wackerman (a really nice guy) at the Baked Potato and got talk drums with him on his break.

In conclusion, I've decided to send the HOD bookmark to the trash bin, since obviously, I'm not worthy. But, hey, in the grand scheme, it's no big deal. Outta here.
Mark P

Postby Mark P » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:51 am

Crikey,
First time I've logged on for a long while and I'm immediately embarrassed, and reminded why it's been so long.
How nasty...

:(

Not hard to see why the 'names' no longer visit.

Hope you had a great time anyhow DWFunk, the guys at DW are fantastic, and Chad, what a player! His knowledge of Spivak's technique is insane, his hands and grip are a beauty to behold...

MP
Rene

Postby Rene » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:27 pm

"Hey guys, will be coming out to California tomorrow to visit family and have lined up a DW factory tour for this Friday 8th @ 2:00. Anyone in the area interested in joining me? Their regular tour day is on Thursday, but they were booked and set this up to accomodate me"

Well it's nice to hear the DW factory was great. I've actually watched some vids from previous years.

It's absolutely not in my nature to slam a door in someone's face. My sincere apologies for that if that was the case. But when you ask "who's interested in joining me", than my question is: who's "me" aka "DW Factory Tour". Vinnie? Dave? Yes sure. I'll buy a ticket and have a fight or 2 with the wife. But seriously, you shouldn't be offended IMHO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2921760/Comedian-takes-New-York-streets-test-social-networking-strangers-hilarious-viral-video.html#v-4004591709001
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Not again with the I remember why the pros don´t hang around here anymore... :shock:
Nothing wrong asking Who are you if you´re inviting guys to hang, imo... Maybe we all need to grow a thicker skin when using web-based forums? Portnoy Affair anyone?
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:19 am

Not to beat a dead horse but some forums even have dedicated stickies for new members to introduce themselves!

Return to “Drumming Chat”