Weckl and Holdsworth

Clint Hopkins

Re: Weckl and Holdsworth

Postby Clint Hopkins » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 pm

Hmmm. I'm on the fence with this. On the one hand I agree with you, Rodge. On the other I think back to the Bill Connors album 'Step It' where Weck had a Chad meets Gadd vibe. I understand that was then and this is now, so...

I wasn't sure how Ersko would fit with Allan but he killed it:
mcraeh

Postby mcraeh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:07 pm

wow, now weck on that tune would be cool. guys thx for all the replies. im still would love to see weck with him but i get all the differing opinions for sure! thx
treeinrock

Postby treeinrock » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:25 pm

Because Erskoman can play anything. Peter plays the music with a lilt which gives the music a less linear and less robotic approach. That's what I hear in that clip.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:02 pm

Rodge wrote:Allan Holdsworth is not a gig that you play with in-ears monitor... :p

Haha, nice one... While I get what you guys say, I can´t agree though. Dave would KILL with Allan.
Dave is one of those guys who never sounded out of place with anyone... Plus he rocks pretty hard with Stern! :mrgreen:
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Since when do Chad's drums sound bad? I have seen him play 6 feet away unmiked, twice. And once at MD Fest with AH. His drums sounded fantastic.
Chad has serious technique that creates a great sound.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:54 pm

I think any pro drummer at that level has a very clear vision of how they want to sound and at this point, people with that amount of experience, though always looking to improve like all of us, are probably the closest they've been to that vision right now.

It's just taste.

As a guitar player I could go through a list people with very clear, identifiable and famous sounds that I consider the most boring, flat and lifeless thing around, but both they and their fans dig it, so...

It's also no secret that what Mr. Good goes for in some, if not most of his creations is a bit off the mark compared to the warm, singing, mid-cutting sounds many of us know and love. I hear attack. I know there's a ton of bass, but that's pretty much lost unless you're right there in the room and in a range that's already pretty occupied.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Julián Fernández wrote:
Rodge wrote:Allan Holdsworth is not a gig that you play with in-ears monitor... :p

Haha, nice one... While I get what you guys say, I can´t agree though. Dave would KILL with Allan.
Dave is one of those guys who never sounded out of place with anyone... Plus he rocks pretty hard with Stern! :mrgreen:

One point for you hermano, true that Dave rocks hard with Stern, I forgot that gig !!! :-)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:46 pm

Dude. He played with Madonna.

Return to “Drumming Chat”