Quarantine Chatty!

langmick

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby langmick » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:36 am

Cool Kurtis, I've been investigating doing the same. There are some newer racing sims out there that I would like to try.

Found this site via Reddit.

https://www.logicalincrements.com
Richie Jarvis

Postby Richie Jarvis » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 am

I have a feeling this will set a record for the longest CHATTY in the forums history, hope everyone is home safe and keeping sane.

Been looking for a small drummer movie for a while now that was doing the rounds a few years ago. Drummer what's to hit the big NYC jazz scene, get a call on his birthday from his father then gets a fill in gig. He is the only member to show and so is the vocalist.....of course being a drummer saves the day.

I do recall the drummer actor passing away but I could be wrong....does anyone know the link or even the tittle, keen to watch it again.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:28 am

Richie Jarvis wrote:I have a feeling this will set a record for the longest CHATTY in the forums history, hope everyone is home safe and keeping sane.

Been looking for a small drummer movie for a while now that was doing the rounds a few years ago. Drummer what's to hit the big NYC jazz scene, get a call on his birthday from his father then gets a fill in gig. He is the only member to show and so is the vocalist.....of course being a drummer saves the day.

I do recall the drummer actor passing away but I could be wrong....does anyone know the link or even the tittle, keen to watch it again.

Yes, he passed away. Apparently, he was a friend of Mr. Igoe.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 pm

Building a new PC is always fun!
I recently discovered m.2 internal hard drives - crazy fast! Years old tech too I believe. I got one when making the Neil video - sped things up nicely.

Got my work machine here at home and working a lot. Good times.

Need to get to the shed though. ugh. So rusty.
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:
Julián Fernández wrote:Talking about great content! Check this cat out...

Good stuff for sure.

Excellent! Thanks for posting!
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III
Richie Jarvis

Postby Richie Jarvis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:55 am

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:
Richie Jarvis wrote:I have a feeling this will set a record for the longest CHATTY in the forums history, hope everyone is home safe and keeping sane.

Yes, he passed away. Apparently, he was a friend of Mr. Igoe.

That's the one, a friend and his wife (non drumming and music folk) watched "Whiplash" and didn't think it was that bad, showed them this and it floored them.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:43 pm

Can you post a pic on the forum from the PC or do you need a web hosting service for a URL?
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:12 pm

check PM...
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Thanks Pocket!

CPU arrived a few hours after the pic was taken.

New generation GPU's are coming out end of this year or early 2021. Gonna use my current GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER. Need to save up around $1000 for the GPU. Like that's going to happen in the next few years! The pandemic will put a damper on prices and supply/demand. wanted to save up another 3 months but i got laid off and i'm collecting unemployment.

Not good at building PC's. Takes me a while. the AIO cooler and hooking up the fans is going to be a bitch! I ordered 3 more RGB Corsair fans. I'm going to overclock the fuck out the CPU and RAM so want keep it cool inside. Warranty goes out the window with overclocking. Fuck it. Once you find the sweet spot without the PC crashing your good to go!
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Return to “Drumming Chat”