Quarantine Chatty!

Rodge

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Rodge » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:41 am

Mullet's days no joke... :D

Paul Marangoni wrote:
Rodge wrote:Nik is a great artist.

I love everything Nik Kershaw has put out. Easily one of my favourite artists of all time.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Matus

Postby Matus » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Quick update.
The last couple of months have been weird. GF started having anxiety attacks due to work and family issues. But the real “what the actual F” moment came yesterday.
As it turns out, yesterday Mylious Johnson was going to take a plane to perform at a drumfest here in Spain and he tested positive for covid. At 10 am I got the call while preparing for a subbing gig on the other extreme of the country. At 5 pm it was confirmed I am the one taking his place.
Also in the lineup are Michael Schacl, Jost Nickel or our beloved Virgil Donati.
Some 2 hours of sleep and 3 more of car ahead of me now to try and make it up for the audience.
Life is weird, but sometimes rewarding.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:49 pm

Matus wrote:Quick update.
The last couple of months have been weird. GF started having anxiety attacks due to work and family issues. But the real “what the actual F” moment came yesterday.
As it turns out, yesterday Mylious Johnson was going to take a plane to perform at a drumfest here in Spain and he tested positive for covid. At 10 am I got the call while preparing for a subbing gig on the other extreme of the country. At 5 pm it was confirmed I am the one taking his place.
Also in the lineup are Michael Schacl, Jost Nickel or our beloved Virgil Donati.
Some 2 hours of sleep and 3 more of car ahead of me now to try and make it up for the audience.

1 I hope your girlfriend is ok or getting some help in order to be ok.
2 Well done my friend, and well deserved!
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:07 am

Morgenthaler wrote:

Same here, Matus

How about an update on your "snare-drum-o-rama". Is that over or are you still working on it? Any videos?
When in doubt...roll.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:49 am

Work in progress. Only glass left, so should more or less be done tomorrow.

willyz

Postby willyz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:23 pm

HOD Family!!

Well, the pandemic may have killed my teaching practice as well as a lot of gigs, but thankfully my old company in LA reached out to me and I'm freelancing remotely with them for a while, so it's nice to put on the post production/movie trailer hat on for a while. Sometimes change is good!

but beyond that....BIG NEWS:

My wife and I are expecting our first! Baby boy arriving March 31st!

Had to let you guys know.... I was a kid, literally, when I joined HOD.

Cheers all and be well!
Got Blushda?
Matus

Postby Matus » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Merrill Conn wrote:
Morgenthaler wrote:

Same here, Matus

How about an update on your "snare-drum-o-rama". Is that over or are you still working on it? Any videos?

Oh, that's far from over, as far as I am concerned. In the end, it was a total success, but the event that triggered the situation at home happened exactly on my trip back home from the snare show.
It was fun and interactive. I played some solo stuff on that massive snare drum setup, then some songs on a Saturn Evo drumkit from very different styles, using whatever snare drum felt right for it and even let the audience select one for a specific style. Also took questions and requests along the way. Like tuning a specific drum in a different way, tips, etc. We also gave away some of my sig drumsticks and overall, people were really happy. And the store actually sold 4 or 5 snare drums that week.
What we also did was bring the whole setup, plus PA system, mics and record everything to produce some videos so we can actually sell the whole show plus the snare drum line to more music stores. As soon as I get some video material, I'll post it here.
Matus

Postby Matus » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:30 pm

And about yesterday's fest. I think this post pretty much sums it all up. I'm sure google translate can do a good job here, 'cause I'm exhausted right now.

It might seem like I didn't care much for the rest of the lineup, but pretty much everyone knows how much of a Virgil fanboy I am, so the last pic is very important to me (shoutout to our man from Remo/Gewa for introducing me to him). This was absolutely a dream come true. Plus he totally blew us away with his performance. I've seen him several times and follow everything he does and he's still taking chances and evolving. Unreal.

Matus

Postby Matus » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:35 pm

willyz wrote:HOD Family!!

Well, the pandemic may have killed my teaching practice as well as a lot of gigs, but thankfully my old company in LA reached out to me and I'm freelancing remotely with them for a while, so it's nice to put on the post production/movie trailer hat on for a while. Sometimes change is good!

but beyond that....BIG NEWS:

My wife and I are expecting our first! Baby boy arriving March 31st!

Had to let you guys know.... I was a kid, literally, when I joined HOD.

Cheers all and be well!

Congratulations! Prepare for your life to change the very instant that baby touches you. You just feel it.
As with everyone, I pass the best advice my dad gave me when I had my kid: don't let anyone take away your right to make mistakes as a parent. Accept when you're wrong and learn from it.
I think that's the secret. The true love is something that comes naturally.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 am

Nicely done Willy!!! Congratulations sir.

Matus - awesome opportunity and I'm totally jealous1

Return to “Drumming Chat”