Quarantine Chatty!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:18 pm

bclarkio wrote:
Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:
If you keep it up long enough, they'll start missing you when you're not around.

Oh, everybody who's been the recipient of my services misses me in these places. I was a breath of fresh air.

The incompetent and narcissistic leaders who are destroying things for everybody and feel threatened by my competence, not so much.

It's always weird the first time as a one man demonstration like this isn't common. Certainly not in small towns where very few dare speak up.

We're talking about systematic discrimination, so I have no problems defending what I'm doing. Anyone with a brain knows I'm right.

I just want to give a presentation to the town council about the general issue, provide some perspective and ideas on how these things can be solved. One mayor said no and the other can't even be bothered to answer, so then it's time for a camping trip and a bit of dumming.

There's a limit to how far I can go with the message in a public manner, but when I talk with people afterwards it's a bit different.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:41 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:Rick Beato makes his living by piggy-backing off of the famous works of others. If he doesn't like copyright law, he should try to get the law changed/amended. I say copyright law needs STRENGTHENING if anything. Google is the Mafia of today.

If all he did was "What makes this song great?" I could maybe agree, but that's not the case at all.
In terms of getting it changed - he recently testified in front of Congress.

In the grand scheme of things Rick is a power of good. He spreads awareness about quality music.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 am

Steve Holmes wrote:
Paul Marangoni wrote:Rick Beato makes his living by piggy-backing off of the famous works of others. If he doesn't like copyright law, he should try to get the law changed/amended. I say copyright law needs STRENGTHENING if anything. Google is the Mafia of today.

If all he did was "What makes this song great?" I could maybe agree, but that's not the case at all.
In terms of getting it changed - he recently testified in front of Congress.

In the grand scheme of things Rick is a power of good. He spreads awareness about quality music.

Yeah, he's not piggy-backing any more than a musicshow or talkshow host.

He is involved in doing something about it. Not taking away rights of musicians to get paid, but just having a clear law about how much is allowed to be used. Like how many seconds of a piece of music one is allowed to use.

Noone looses money because someone uses 10 seconds of their music. If anything it makes people interested in checking out the whole song and the artist on a deeper level.

I don't really watch Rick much, but if I was a teenager I'd be all over it.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:38 am

Steve Holmes wrote: He spreads awareness about quality music.

Sometimes he does. But he also does a lot of whining, complaining and bullying too.
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:
Steve Holmes wrote: He spreads awareness about quality music.

Sometimes he does. But he also does a lot of whining, complaining and bullying too.

:|
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:53 pm

"Sometimes he does. But he also does a lot of whining, complaining and bullying too."

Paul...please this doesnt even come close to Rick's channel...sorry bro got to call you
out on this one! I've tracked Rick for a long time now...easily one of the best channels on
YT...guy is a man of integrity...i'd pull back on this narrow view personally.
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:35 am

Well, waddayaknow!

I just had my first DFE interview with the regional newspaper where I was last weekend. 8-)
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:11 am

Pocketplayer wrote:guy is a man of integrity...i'd pull back on this narrow view personally.

He sure likes to get his disciples (followers) riled up and paint people like Don Henley as the bad guy. If you want to use music which is protected by law, you must acquire a sync license. If you want to claim "fair use", hire a lawyer. But how is it ever fair use when Google makes obscene amounts of money, and shares (or doesn't share) a tiny fraction with the original songwriters?

Rick's arguments and analogies don't hold water. He has plenty of interesting things to say about music, and explains theory very well, but going after artists for protecting their work legally crosses the line.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Lets not be such a Debby Downer Mr. Paul.

The are millions if not billions of Youtubers out there. Best of luck with your cause Paul. I'm on your side. It's just so hard to police or yell for mommy help.

It's Quarantine Chatty. Thumbs up stuff. World Epidemics are not good times. Where is the HOD face mask emoji?

Return to “Drumming Chat”