Quarantine Chatty!

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:33 pm

It's not a complete solution, that's for sure.

The Chinese one is crap, that much is clear.

No matter what they say, it generally takes a lot longer to develop something like this and the fact that there are so many different ones doesn't inspire confidence.

We're far from done with this one. The idea that we get vaccinated and then the whole thing is over is wishful thinking.

Only one death in Norway that's been suspicous in regards to vaccination so far. A nurse in Tynset, the same small town where I do my DFE thing more often that anywhere else.

Doctors don't really know that much about them, only that the ones we have are hopefully safe for most people.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:55 am

Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:21 am

Obviously no one proof read the invitations before they went out ...or...maybe they did...now THAT''S a scary thought

When in doubt...roll.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:54 pm

These guys have been playing together for decades. 20+ years ago went to their gigs at the Wilshire courtyard museum/art thingy. not to far from the tar pits. the drinks were expensive but they had free food. They played for like an hour.
Tom Reschke

Postby Tom Reschke » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:56 pm

Merrill Conn wrote:Obviously no one proof read the invitations before they went out ...or...maybe they did...now THAT''S a scary thought

Yes, yes, I remember I had lasagna.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm

Should we keep this topic up as a general chatty topic? I'm thinking yes.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Steve Holmes wrote:Should we keep this topic up as a general chatty topic? I'm thinking yes.

Yes, that’s a good idea
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:25 am

Returning to Weekend Chatty would be fine, but since this is such a massive thread and represents a unique time I think it should probably stay up regardless.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:16 am

Signed up for the Studio Drummer Roundtable at Drumhangs next Wednesday.

Interestingly, my first time using Zoom for anything, so hopefully it works out.
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:59 pm

So...yesterday I was in a Barnes & Noble bookstore, and I see the latest issue of Jazz Times Magazine. On the side of the cover it mentions something about the terrific keyboard player Larry Goldings being a comedian. I love musical humor, so I was hoping that the story was really about Larry doing some funny stuff. He has a couple of "characters". One of them is an Austrian music "educator/critic" named Hans Groiner.
Here he is discussing and rewriting some Thelonious Monk tunes. The first one he "rewrites" in the video is pretty self-explanatory because he has a clip of Monk playing the tune. The tune at the end is called "Bemsha Swing". I'm including a clip of that for those who might not be familiar with it so you can see how Hans "improves" it. BTW...there is no "The Music of Thelonious Monk Part 2"

Another character that Larry does is simply called "The Guy With the Gig". If you haven't experienced something like this....you haven't been playing long enough :D .
When in doubt...roll.

Return to “Drumming Chat”