Kurtis

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Kurtis » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Delta Mutation Quarantine Chatty SS
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:54 am

Galactic bummer.

Sean Lock died, aged 58. He has caused some of my longest, deepest laughing fits over the past
15 years. What a fabulous comedian. Man, I'm gonna miss him :(
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:35 am

So, blocked from Mr. Igoe's IG, which is fine because his political and vaccine talk got old before it even started.

Seems most musicians should stick to music. :lol:

Also attended the jazz drummer roundtable yesterday which was cool. Just had the phones on and walked around the house, but it was nice to get some insight on the dudes. BIg Hamilton fan. Mr. Riley is just all class. Kenny was very passionate. Not so much new stuff, but much indirect validation on how I do things myself as a teacher.

Nice with a break from the news which are quite worrysome.

Promised myself I'd get back into the old routine begining September and it seems doable now.

After 3 years, I've decided on the format of my small political thing which will just be small stuff, talking with politicians, getting feet wet in new places throughout the year and then do a tour at the end of each year that'll hopefully grow and also include other contributors as time goes by.

I'll most of the fall and just do a small thing most Saturdays here at home. It's where it all started and is most needed, so...
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:12 am

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:So, blocked from Mr. Igoe's IG, which is fine because his political and vaccine talk got old before it even started.

He can be quite testy when people disagree with him. He once posted something on his Facebook page about when we visit his page we're guests, and we should act like it. Sorry, Tommy...it's the other way around. When I click a link or enter a URL, I'm inviting that entity into my home. Which is why I don't click any link to either his Instagram or Facebook pages. And I certainly don't type in the URLs. Only nice, grounded people are allowed in my house.

HOD members are ALWAYS welcome anytime. :D
When in doubt...roll.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:24 am

Merrill Conn wrote:
Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:So, blocked from Mr. Igoe's IG, which is fine because his political and vaccine talk got old before it even started.

He can be quite testy when people disagree with him. He once posted something on his Facebook page about when we visit his page we're guests, and we should act like it. Sorry, Tommy...it's the other way around. When I click a link or enter a URL, I'm inviting that entity into my home. Which is why I don't click any link to either his Instagram or Facebook pages. And I certainly don't type in the URLs. Only nice, grounded people are allowed in my house.

HOD members are ALWAYS welcome anytime. :D

Well, he talks a lot about cleaning house and cleaned himself out. :lol:

I really don't do narcs anymore, at all, so it's fine.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Primus killed it! Awesomeness
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:59 am

Jim Keltner did a nice "before & after" in Jazz Times Magazine. Not that anybody should doubt it, but, he really knows his stuff.
When in doubt...roll.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:49 pm

How's everyone doing?

I don't want to go into Covid-19 politics, but Denmark is opening up completely on September 10th, leaving all Corona restrictions behind (for now at least), due to an overwhelming support and adoption of the vaccine program. I am looking so much forward to attending concerts again.

Also, after having lost both my parents in quick succession, and having my own very close call in the meantime, I needed a long break and basically took the last full year completely off from working.

I recently landed a new and (very) well-paying job, and on top I get to define and mold the position to a large degree, which is both unbelievable and cool.

I am not practicing a whole lot these days, other than some pad work while watching streaming shows, but I hope to soon get into drumset playing/practicing again on my two kits. It's easily one of the best things I can think of doing.

I hope everyone is well. HOD remains one of my favorite online communities.
Merrill Conn

Postby Merrill Conn » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:10 pm

Jeppe --

Congrats on the new job. After the year you had, you deserve some goodness. Best of luck to you.

I envy you on feeling comfortable enough to go to concerts once Denmark opens up. Technically my wife and I can go to concerts, clubs, etc. But we're curtailing all those activities until sometime in 2022 (depending on how this thing plays out). I miss playing in the jazz trio that I work with. Fortunately, the three of us in the group are all of the same mindset, and we stay in touch. We all live in the same neighborhood and see other when we walk our dogs.
When in doubt...roll.

Return to “Drumming Chat”