Odd-Arne Oseberg

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:00 am

Quarantine curry.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 am

Inspired by this guy I dug up the Swing Solos book again

I know large parts of AAD pretty much by heart now, but have spent limited time with this.

He also recently did a series on his snare choices.

Makes his own sticks, too.

Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:52 am

Been self isolating for 12 days, cough plus wretching became unbearable. No breathing issues though thank god.
My mum calls me yesterday panicking and short of breath, sounded like she's on death's door, she couldn't get out of bed without feeling dizzy or falling over. She just needed water. She's 92. So I get out of bed to go see her. I'm busting a gut with the coughing and wretching. I get close to her and run out of fuel just on the entrance of the fuel station but not close enough to the pump. I buy a fuel can and fill the car with some diesel. Won't start. I call RAC breakdown service, they say up to 90 minutes. I'm waiting in the car, half dying. Eventually breakdown turns up within an hour. Car engine is dead, timing belt broke. Time for a new car. Oh well, at least there's no gigs I'm missing since they're cancelled. Breakdown service tows me home while I sit in my car and help steer it. You couldn't make it up.

My nephew took over and went to my mum. Called ambulance which took a long time to arrive. She's in hospital with suspected pneumonia.

I'm in bed again. Spoke to doctor and said I can't cope with this cough anymore and I'm not eating much at all.
Feel better today, started antibiotics, eaten a little, and have codeine tablets which really help my headaches.

No drums no life, know drums know life...
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:25 am

Holy cow, that sounds like one bad day all around. I hope you feel better soon. This is getting scary.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 am

Rudy_Ment wrote:Been self isolating for 12 days, cough plus wretching became unbearable. No breathing issues though thank god.
My mum calls me yesterday panicking and short of breath, sounded like she's on death's door, she couldn't get out of bed without feeling dizzy or falling over. She just needed water. She's 92. So I get out of bed to go see her. I'm busting a gut with the coughing and wretching. I get close to her and run out of fuel just on the entrance of the fuel station but not close enough to the pump. I buy a fuel can and fill the car with some diesel. Won't start. I call RAC breakdown service, they say up to 90 minutes. I'm waiting in the car, half dying. Eventually breakdown turns up within an hour. Car engine is dead, timing belt broke. Time for a new car. Oh well, at least there's no gigs I'm missing since they're cancelled. Breakdown service tows me home while I sit in my car and help steer it. You couldn't make it up.

My nephew took over and went to my mum. Called ambulance which took a long time to arrive. She's in hospital with suspected pneumonia.

I'm in bed again. Spoke to doctor and said I can't cope with this cough anymore and I'm not eating much at all.
Feel better today, started antibiotics, eaten a little, and have codeine tablets which really help my headaches.

Sounds like no fun.

We've managed to turn the curve quite quickliy here in Norway and it hasn't reached my town yet. It's just a matter of time of course, we will all get it, but hopefully at a pace the healthcare system can handle.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Tommy's LTWU today. 160 bpm As you can see it went on for a while.

Couldn't hang with all of it. Flam drags and Swiss triplets at the end got especially challenging. That dude's got crazy chops, but he's done it a ton and has a drum corp baclground, so... I haven't done it that much and haven't really concentrated much on speed for many years now.

Seems we have a few things in common. Regardless of whtever sht I go through this is how it is on lessons with me, as well. Sometimes it takes a while to get there, but we always do.

Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:08 pm

Get well soon, Rudy!
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Inspired by this guy I dug up the Swing Solos book again

Refined technique for sure. Channel has great content. Thanks so much!
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:24 am

Talking about great content! Check this cat out...

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:05 am

Julián Fernández wrote:
Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Inspired by this guy I dug up the Swing Solos book again

Refined technique for sure. Channel has great content. Thanks so much!

Looks to have his stuff together and also be a good resource both as a student and teacher.

I've just been playing a bit on The New Downfall for a couple of daysand with metronome it's clean around 80-90ish. I'll practice it left hand lead just like I've done wih AAD. No rush. Work on this for a couple of months and then I'll move on to the next one.

Return to “Drumming Chat”