Quarantine Chatty!

Paul Marangoni

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:15 pm

langmick wrote:I'll not take the bait, I shouldn't have mentioned Dr Seuss, it's a sensitive subject, just like Mr Potato Head.

I wasn't trying to bait you. Just pointing out that Marx wasn't the bogey man that people make him out to be.
As for Dr. Seuss, I don't have a problem with any of it. If people do, I'm also okay with stuff being taken out of circulation.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Human nature ensures that it will rarely work in a group of more than 1.

What, communism? Can you name a country that even tried to implement what Marx put forth? I can't.
Communism is a lofty goal, but probably unachievable. I personally think Henry George had all the answers, but no one ever seems to mention him.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:06 am

Any ambient fans around?

I really enjoy my fellow Dane, Jonas Munk, and German Ulrich Schnauss when they collaborate.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:30 pm

Paul Marangoni wrote:
Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Human nature ensures that it will rarely work in a group of more than 1.

What, communism? Can you name a country that even tried to implement what Marx put forth? I can't.
Communism is a lofty goal, but probably unachievable. I personally think Henry George had all the answers, but no one ever seems to mention him.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Mike plays great one this song. Cool DT song. Love this band
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:09 am

Bummed out.

We just lost the most prolific danish percussionist, Jacob Andersen.
He did 1000+ album recordings in Denmark and around Europe over the past 40 years.

He was only 60 and will be missed greatly. He was a super nice guy too. This sucks.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 am

Damn, 60 it's kind of young... :-(
May his Soul rest in Peace.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Matus

Postby Matus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:28 am

So, I've been inactive in this forum for what, 3 or 4 years? In essence, I became disconnected with a lot of communities after getting divorced and having to restart most of my life. Had to concentrate on all the important stuff and just survive. And after many bumps, losing my home a couple times and make some other life changes, I'm still trying to make it to the end of the rollercoaster ride, harder than ever.
Among other things, I had a talk with a friend about this specific forum and how good of a place it always was. And I really thought it would be gone in the middle of all the social media frenzy, but here it is in all its glory. So yeah, I'll try to participate again and enjoy all the good stuff you guys share. I do miss that.
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:44 am

Matus wrote:So, I've been inactive in this forum for what, 3 or 4 years? In essence, I became disconnected with a lot of communities after getting divorced and having to restart most of my life. Had to concentrate on all the important stuff and just survive. And after many bumps, losing my home a couple times and make some other life changes, I'm still trying to make it to the end of the rollercoaster ride, harder than ever.
Among other things, I had a talk with a friend about this specific forum and how good of a place it always was. And I really thought it would be gone in the middle of all the social media frenzy, but here it is in all its glory. So yeah, I'll try to participate again and enjoy all the good stuff you guys share. I do miss that.

I was wondering where you went as you were pretty active right before you left. I've gotten my Wilcoxon pretty well down since then. ;)

Things are pretty strange right now and the divide is great between those who can still work or get taken care of and those who don't.

I can't offer much advice. I myself have just focused on what I can do something about which is getting outdoors and doing a bit of gardening both for fun to save money. It's always been a plan to move more and more in that direction, but it's different when there's real pressure on you. I certainly know what it's like to keep getting hammered down every time you're on your way up again. Not much to do but keep going and maybe be more selective in the people I choose to trust.

Forums and knowledge one can get from youtube and other resources is a great help. I probably can't even begin to imagine how people would cope without and communicate to solve things if not for modern technology. You can find you tribe(s) and at least find something to do.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 am

Matus wrote:So, I've been inactive in this forum for what, 3 or 4 years? In essence, I became disconnected with a lot of communities after getting divorced and having to restart most of my life. Had to concentrate on all the important stuff and just survive. And after many bumps, losing my home a couple times and make some other life changes, I'm still trying to make it to the end of the rollercoaster ride, harder than ever.

Great to hear from you hermano, I hope all is going in a good positive way by now, slowly and surely, I wish you all the best, take care and stay around, HoD is all love and support between each other. ;)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”