Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Steve Holmes » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:21 pm

Wow Crazy. Have fun?
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:46 pm

It's winter temps, but clear skies, so I put on my long johns and thought why not? Partly on request from someone I talked to last time.

It probably seems a bit weird and a friend wrote me on facebook and wondered if noone shows up at these things. Obviously, I just take a pic sometimes right after I set stuff up and then I play. This is also the only area I'm initially allowed to use the full kit, hence other options. Big posters and banners are basically just lots of money I don't have, so that's the real reason I don't have them. I wouldn't mind. This is going to be a life long thing, so I'm just slowly building something while mostly focusing on my health and legal stuff.

Just having the balls to do it outside my old employer in a time of full blown PTSD was plenty challenging enough. Actually, just getting out of bed was challenging enough.

My hometown is just what it is and I'm not being agressive, it's just sort of a slow warm-up for the coming summer's tour and something for me to do. I'm making the right people uncomfortable and informing everyone else. Most political venues have been closed for us regular folks due to Covid, which is just what it is.

Reality of today's situation is about 100 people filming from outside the store on the other side of the road, most just stopping up for a while to watch and listen and maybe 10 people decided to drive down and check it out up close. There are posters all around though and I'll start writing reader posts to the local paper in desember. The politicians and leaders I've hassled continuously, but when they won't even listen to the police who decided to help me out, there's no point. I have to go indirect.

When I get the PA, there will not only be play-a-longs and stuff, there will be speeches. :lol:
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:01 am

Today's DFE setup.

Andrew<3'sVinnie

Postby Andrew<3'sVinnie » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:10 am

Wow, this is that vintage Akoustic Band Dave phrasing and sound that felt so good, but with a bit of a modern update. Wait for ~1:40 when he starts to go off. Right hand looks questionable, but sounds and feels great
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:22 am

Ok guys, so I want to mount my Stanton Moore Panderio and Rhythm Tech Tambourine to my tom stand.

Any advice on the simplest, smallest and lightest clamp and L-rod thingy to get that done?
Matus

Postby Matus » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:58 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Ok guys, so I want to mount my Stanton Moore Panderio and Rhythm Tech Tambourine to my tom stand.

Any advice on the simplest, smallest and lightest clamp and L-rod thingy to get that done?

I use this one all the time:

https://www.gibraltarhardware.com/product/sc-lrac/
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:46 am

Matus wrote:
Odd-Arne Oseberg wrote:Ok guys, so I want to mount my Stanton Moore Panderio and Rhythm Tech Tambourine to my tom stand.

I use this one all the time:

https://www.gibraltarhardware.com/product/sc-lrac/

Should work.

Most of my other stuff is Gibraltar, so they'll match. :lol:

Thanks
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:43 am

Went minimalist today.

Brought my pop up, but it was coming down a bit sideways.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:37 pm

A Gretsch COB, 14 x 5,5 ?
Yummy... :)
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”