Thanks Mr. STEVE HOLMES for HOD

Juan Expósito

Thanks Mr. STEVE HOLMES for HOD

Postby Juan Expósito » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:58 am

I was going to post this in the Vinnie thread about a possible change of this platform (suggested by Steve)
I´m with what Willz posted in the Vinnie topic. If it´s only for changing the "server or the internal thing" I think this current forum version works perfectly.
The posting possibilities are great: youtube links with the video player included, facebook also...beautiful visual enviroment...

I think that the activity here has been reduced since some years ago but I think it´s natural because of all the other pages/social media sites...
Also I think there are many many people reading us often but without participating or registering, nothing wrong with that, although I prefer the participation and if it´s possible with the real name. ;)

AND...The other day in my video meeting with Steve Holmes I gave him my gratitude for this forum...and of course I will say it again here publicly:
THANKS STEVE for this site.
Since I discovered HOD in the late 90s, I can say for sure that it has helped me so much with my musical learning and about MANY other aspects due to the honest and serious discussion here without losing the good sense of humor.

I say it from the bottom of my heart, and with that spirit I told it to Mr. Holmes.

Thank you Sir.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Re: Thanks Mr. STEVE HOLMES for HOD

Postby Steve Holmes » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you Juan!
It's been great having all the folks sharing so much cool drumming over the years!
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 pm

HOD is so cool. Helped me tremendously through the years!

I remember exchanging emails with PeteC back in 04! Such a cool guy!

Steve, you should have some HOD merch available for us guys! :mrgreen:
bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Fri May 01, 2020 10:45 pm

HOD exposed(s) me to a lot of stuff I would probably not get elsewhere. I’ve been around since around 2006 or 2007 I think and there are a lot of members who have been around a lot longer than that (I miss Deep Fried and Randy Walker and Danny... always legit). The frequency, nature, and tone of the posts has evolved a lot. It’s still the best drumming forum around.

When I first started hanging around here it was the result of some Vinnie googling. I found so much more here and love being a part of it.

Thank you Steve. Btw, you have always been a class act as a moderator and contributor. You have always set the example around here and it doesn’t go unnoticed.

-Ben
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue May 12, 2020 1:56 am

HOD is still a very important place for me. It's one of the last bastions online for where to find honest, insightful, and friendly drummers and drum aficionados.

Viva House Of Drumming.

Here I am with the wonderful Larry Del Rosso in NYC, 8 years ago:

langmick

Postby langmick » Tue May 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Agreed, thanks Steve for keeping this going over all these years. I have always appreciated HOD for the folks who post here, and how they are from every corner of the globe and unique. Very cool.
SergioAngelino

Postby SergioAngelino » Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 pm

T H A N K S STEVE!!!!
YOU ARE GREAT!
:) :) :)
bclarkio

Postby bclarkio » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:10 pm

I caught myself channeling Steve today!

First off, I have to admit I really haven't watched a lot of his clips, and rarely watch all the way through.

During pad practice, there was a moment where my left hand was unconsciously playing the way Steve does and at the same time an image flashed in my head of Steve playing.

It was a wonderful feeling, but only lasted for a little while longer once I started paying attention to it.

I'd like to echo my appreciation for HOD.

Return to “Drumming Chat”