Yoni Madar

Sam

Yoni Madar

Postby Sam » Wed May 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Anybody been following this guy? He's been popping up a lot of in a couple of facebook drum groups I follow and he's pretty....terrifying. Some serious control and beautiful technique.

That last one legit gave me a fright :o
Morgenthaler

Re: Yoni Madar

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri May 07, 2021 8:39 am

I don't get him.

Sure, his abilities are extraordinary - but I don't know what he wants to say as a musician.

Also, I have a problem with him hashtagging Weckl and Virgil in every fucking Instagram post. I even asked
him to stop doing that because a lot of Virg's fans (and I imagine Weckl's too) follow those hashtags and get a lot
of posts that are not relevant. He told me to fuck off.

So I don't dig him.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri May 07, 2021 12:37 pm

Oh man, I so hate when I click on a link that says x or y drummer, then I click and it's just somebody else who use the name of x or y for having views, it's really weird and unfair, there is a lot of these things now.

Just now I saw a video who said Jeff Ballard, I clicked, yikes, not him... :-(

Anyway....
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Sat May 08, 2021 1:10 am

What Morg said above! Trusting that response which was
immature at best...not cool! Seems he is taking "short cuts"
to views or subscriptions or whatever one needs to do to make
their channel monetized.
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Sam

Postby Sam » Tue May 25, 2021 7:46 am

Morgenthaler wrote:I don't get him.

Sure, his abilities are extraordinary - but I don't know what he wants to say as a musician.

Also, I have a problem with him hashtagging Weckl and Virgil in every fucking Instagram post. I even asked
him to stop doing that because a lot of Virg's fans (and I imagine Weckl's too) follow those hashtags and get a lot
of posts that are not relevant. He told me to fuck off.

So I don't dig him.

That's fair enough. Piggybacking like that, it's not the most becoming thing is it? And as for telling you to fuck off...that's a shame, says more about him than anything.

As to what he wants to say as a musician - yeah, I know what you mean. His drum sound and phrasing - pretty tasteful to my ears. The fact that he mixes it in with a lot of stick tricks and only ever uploads videos of him soloing in his shed though? Yeah, it kinda draws a question mark over all of it.

Still a pretty impressive talent nonetheless. Fair points though, and defo sounds like he could brush up on his people skills :?

Return to “Drumming Chat”