Looking for this old Steve Jordan footage...

GoAndPractice

Looking for this old Steve Jordan footage...

Postby GoAndPractice » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Hey I'm sure one of you knows which video I'm talking about, but I can't seem to find it. It's a video of a young steve jordan playing in a fusion band doing more chops playing. He's playing on a kit with more toms than he does now. If anyone has a link please post it. Sorry this is all I remember but it was definitely him in the video.
nomsgmusic

Re: Looking for this old Steve Jordan footage...

Postby nomsgmusic » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 pm

From my memory....You are probably thinking of a live performance from Montreux, it was released on a CD as "Blue Montreux" it was an all-star festival band one off consisting of The Brecker Brothers, Mainieri, Steve Khan, Tony Levin (I think,) maybe Warren Bernhardt too. Sort of early Steps meets the Brecker Brothers. It has been posted under each of their names, so you can search that.

Claude Nobs' estate is sitting on a TON of cool old video, and thanks to youtube, most of it will probably never see the light of day. Steve is playing a big kit, with (from my memory) concert toms (like Gadd's old Pearls,) and (I think) his cracked K's. Yes, it's back when Jordan thought he wanted to be the next Steve Gadd (his words not mine.)

It's a really cool recording, happy searching!
MSG
[url][/url]bluejayrecords.com/drumatic
[url][/url]vicfirth.com/artists/mark_griffith.html
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 am

GoAndPractice

Postby GoAndPractice » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:29 am

That's the clip! Thanks! Yeah I was talking about this with a student. Just talking about how your playing evolves, copying your idols etc.

This clip is so crazy because if I just heard the audio I would never guess it was him.

Also thats funny seeing an RE20 on every tom. I guess back then people were putting their cymbals that high anyway.
treeinrock

Postby treeinrock » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:04 pm

My God!! Michael's soloing is beyond... He was in another zone!

Return to “Drumming Chat”