Bose S1 Pro?

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Bose S1 Pro?

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:10 am

So my attention quickly fell on this neat litle box when looking for a portable battery powered PA for my "political" drumming.

Obviously, this expands the palate for speaking,singing, electronic percussion and other intruments besides backing tracks.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

One of the few products that are actually the same price here as in th US, so not bad and wold be very versatile.

Thinking one should do, but I'd consider getting two.
Tom Reschke

Re: Bose S1 Pro?

Postby Tom Reschke » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:14 pm

My buddy and sometimes bandmate is a Bose rep, and we've been using all their PA's for years now when we play. They're great. The sound is phenomenal. Highly recommend.
Moderation's all well and good, just don't overdo it.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 am

I only know about their slim towers, but never tried those either. Just seem nice for general lower volume applications.

Only concern is that I don't know if the S1 will provide enough oomph in the lower registers outdoors. I'll be using it for acoustic guitar and singing too, but when the drumset gets out will definetly be a lot of funky bassy stuff.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:08 am

Seem I'll end up with a pair of these.

Size and price is right an what they can't do I'll need extra power for anyway.

Also, means when bring only the snare, cajon, kanjira etc.. I can use the same spot I do for the big kit and still be heard.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:22 am

Paul Marangoni wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CEozzi-ng8

L1s have been in my sight for quite a while, but my need for them went out the window with everything else. Certailny up for consideration for the future in smaller venues as even when I did the rock trio stuff I always took the time to get sound mostly from my amp, use wall distance to control bass etc... A sound tech's worst nightmare in most typical situations, but sound way better for this specific thing. In any case, not money I feel good about spending anymore until things change.

S1 is a different animal, battery power being the most important for what I do, but hopefully, it'll be a versatile piece of gear and I can probably combine it with a sub when that need arises. Things like this will always be useful. For bigger things, even if I'm ocasionally the one twisting the knobs, PA is not my responsiblity.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:09 am

Sort of fell i the background with this with shrinks and lawyers etc...

Could have gotten one of these instead of all the camping gear, but that's what felt right for a while.

Looking around more today and there is now a MK2 of the JBL.

I want to go louder and mic up the drums as well, so even if the S1 would be nice to have, the bigger ones are more versatile and playing outside I thinking the extra power is nice.

Finally, found the right people to work my case an they've said yes, so that's the focus now. Pretty much means I won't really do this until late spring when auditions are done etc.. I can function and I'm truly practicing now, so that's the focus and I might as well take my time and put together something that's worth doing seriously and loudly.

Bass drum, OHs and iPod. Will have to rig up something a little bit extra regardless, but more channels and phantom power on the JBL is nice. Means it's basically most of what I need is already there.

Return to “Drumming Chat”