Happy New Year and Drumming Goals

Steve Michaud

Happy New Year and Drumming Goals

Postby Steve Michaud » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:34 am

A very happy new year, HoD brethren! What are your drumming goals for 2022?

Steve

beat hit

Re: Happy New Year and Drumming Goals

Postby beat hit » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:47 am

Thanks Steve, Happy New Year!!
AllenS

Postby AllenS » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:05 am

Happy New Year, Steve and everyone else in this amazing community!

Since I am more of a guitarist than a drummer (sorry guys :| ) my goals are to clean up my playing - work on my timing, clean playing/accuracy, and just sound better overall.

Good luck to everyone with their own goals in the new year!
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:59 am

It's really just to have some sort of routine going while dealing with the legal stuff.

I've ordered cajon pedal along with some pads and stands to add to my practice setup.

I do something different all the time now in regards to setup, so just putting together something and dealing with that for a week or so until the next outdoor performance. There are two spots. One where I can make as much noise as I want and one where they want me to keep it down somewhat. A cajon pedal provides some more options for the latter.

Still, focused on a practice setup and also being mobile, so I've mostly been investing in hiking and camping stuff, but in that plan there's also some larger shelters for the car that accomodate a practice kit. Pop-ups are an obvious choice for summer in that case, so things actually get done and it's easy to move on, but it's nice to have several optoins because although it's nice to have something larger there's isn't always necessarily room to set it up. Not much need for just a practice pad, music stand and mattress, though.

Also, mostly using the practice kit at home to avoid heating up the shed with the current 20x increase in electrical power prices. :o

Return to “Drumming Chat”