Dom Famularo

jean krupa

Dom Famularo

Postby jean krupa » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:41 am

Rest in peace and thank you for all the positive inspiration.
Julián Fernández

Re: Dom Famularo

Postby Julián Fernández » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:06 am

Sad. I remember his old (pre YT) Vic Firth vids, used to watched them over and over again. Loved his enthusiasm. RIP Dom.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:23 am

Among many experiences with him, one stands out:

My friend Anders and I had gone to Hamburg to see a series of clinics with international drumming stars. Dom was the MC and after the show we hung out with him and a lot of others on the top floor of the SAS Radisson in Hamburg until 3-4 in the morning. We had spoken to him briefly during the evening, spending more time talking to others and each other.

We had to leave early and at At 6:30 we went sleep-drunk to the breakfast buffet, where Dom was already sitting drinking coffee, in a freshly ironed shirt and with a tight tie. He didn't hesitate for a second when he saw us and shouted: "GOOD MORNING GUYS! Did you see: They have DANISH!!"

We laughed so hard.
langmick

Postby langmick » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:17 am

Those old-school drum industry guys were a different breed.

Dom was definitely a different breed.

Thanks for all the inspiration Dom.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:04 pm

heard about dom's cancer diagnosis about a year ago and was taken back. the best drum clinic i have even attend was dom's at musicians institute 1994. never heard of dom until that magical day. he comes out and plays this insane drum solo and everyone is blown away. then he preaches the most powerful influential, inspiring on stage rant one has ever heard! THANK YOU DOM!!!

Return to “Drumming Chat”