Grammy Awards 2011

circh bustom

Re: Grammy Awards 2011

Postby circh bustom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am

personally, if I ignore all the Lady gaga hoopla and production, there are some good songs buried under there. Same with Katy Perry. Beiber? That little she-male needed that slap in the face when an actual hard working musician won. Not just some lucky youtube fling. Glad to see that record sales dont completely run the grammys. Musicians need to take the power back.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:04 am

i personally don't dig the pop music that is out there. the Brittney, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry stuff. the stuff sells. all the power to them. watched the show cause the wife had a party that night. wasn't that bad. the stage and graphics stuff was well done. theres tons of other pop music i dig. don't dig the dance happy happy fun day stuff that the 14 year girls eat up. the integrity of the grammy is not what it used to be. there are so many artists out there with music on par with the stuff that is nominated. you figure with all the people downloading music for free there would be more exposure there for more artists getting noticed. guess it's all about radio air play and sales. the grammy is not so much about artistry but sales and popularity. whatever. at least herbie hancock is making out with grammys every year. quality stuff he puts out yes. who gives a flying f who wins anyway. what are you suppose to do with this useless information? call up all your best friends and tell them lady gaga didn't win enough grammys.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 am

If you want to see different results, join and vote for yourself.

http://www.grammy365.com/join/membership-types
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Tom Reschke wrote:Esperanza Spalding winning best new artist makes me very happy. Take that, Bieber!

Oh yeah >>>

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:51 am

Rhythmatist wrote:
Tom Reschke wrote:Esperanza Spalding winning best new artist makes me very happy. Take that, Bieber!

Gotta love it! She's gonna be around for a long time.

http://www.downbeat.com/digitaledition/ ... ew/33.html

Return to “Drumming Chat”