Studio City, California

rpc

Studio City, California

Postby rpc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:57 pm

So I'm going to be staying in Studio City for 8 days, starting Tuesday night. I Googled on "things to do in studio city, ca" and went to the Yelp page about it. Turns out that the Baked Potato is in Studio City. Is any night better than another to go there? Does anyone have recommendations for a drummer in the area?
Robert Schwieger

Re: Studio City, California

Postby Robert Schwieger » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:04 pm

When you say "drummer in the area" are you asking for recommendations for private lessons?
rpc

Postby rpc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Robert Schwieger wrote:When you say "drummer in the area" are you asking for recommendations for private lessons?

No, sorry; I wrote that stupidly.

I'm wondering what there is for a drummer to do in Studio City.

It'd be cool to see one of the world-class guys, if it's an option.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:54 pm

I lived in Studio City for six years. Left in 2006. It's still my favorite place to live out of all the places I've lived. There used to be some good live music clubs there, like La Ve Lee, but I don't think there are many left. Lots of good restaurants though.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:37 pm

^^Nice job PocketPlayer. You coming Saturday to the hang???
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Although they're all within driving distance....

Charlie O's is in Van Nuys. Cafe Cordiale is in Sherman Oaks. The Baked Potato is "sort of" in Studio City, but more like Universal City. And The Jazz Bakery is going to be in Culver City when it reopens.
rpc

Postby rpc » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Nice! Thanks for the recommendations, fellas. I'm gunna try to get to all of these places.

Chad Sexton's drum shop website says to hang out there and "shoot the breeze." I love that. Seems like a lot of skateboard and surf shops are that way - where folks hang out and talk shop. It would be cool to own a place like that.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm

lets not forget about the restaurants on ventura blvd. tons of places to eat. one of my favorite places is The Good Earth. healthy place to eat. Versailles has great cuban food. theres greek, thai, mexican, amercian, you name it it's on ventura blvd. pool halls, bowling and hookers lurking around. well the hookers might be gone.

Return to “Drumming Chat”