Assorted videos / YouTube thread

Yussuf

Re: "Non-youtube musicians" video thread

Postby Yussuf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 am

Hey, it's one of those filthy rich rockers smashing a guitar all ego-bruised. Gonna pass on this.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 am

Good times >>>

groober

Postby groober » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:10 am

Yussuf wrote:Hey, it's one of those filthy rich rockers smashing a guitar all ego-bruised. Gonna pass on this.

Hey Yussuf that really made me laugh !

I've never been entertained by smashing up instruments ... got too much respect for them. I spend hours dedicating myself to them and their sound, set up etc. What's fun about smashing them and bringing the audience down ! Plus I would never be able to waste so much money, would rather give it away to someone who really needs it. Boh !
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:12 am

They are the same in the way that they´re presenting and perpetuating an artificial expression. Both are products that have very little substance to me.
That whole guitar-smashing thing was orchestrated for sure. Not my cup of tea.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:26 am

Julián Fernández wrote:That whole guitar-smashing thing was orchestrated for sure. Not my cup of tea.

I guess it was not orchestrated.
P.S.: So their set was not cut short...I have to revise my opinion.

>>>
Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong is heading to rehab just days before the band is to release the first of three new albums. The revelation comes less than 48 hours after Armstrong ranted and smashed his guitar at Clear Channel's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas.

Bieber was not on the bill, but Green Day had taken the stage after Bieber mentor Usher had finished his performance. Green Day, according to an on-site report from the Las Vegas Sun, took the stage about 30 minutes late and performed a truncated set. Rihanna was to close the night, and did so after Armstrong smashed his guitar and stormed offstage.

The statement on the Green Day site sought to make it clear that radio heavyweight Clear Channel had nothing to do with pulling the plug on Green Day's set.

"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse," read the statement. "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."

Source:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... 9013.story
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:48 am

Man, it´s so obvious.
Fake drama to make teens believe that Green Day are bad/rebel boys.
The media need some Rihannas, some Ushers and some Green Days. In that way, they´re all the same (hey, they playing the same gig, right?) :)
Brett Borba

Postby Brett Borba » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 am

This guy posted a nice breakdown Vinnie's groove on the Chaka Khan rehearsal vid a few months back.

I really like his style/technique. He's got a website and posted a bunch of fills and classic grooves for his students here.

http://www.alectackmann.com/id8.html
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 am

I went to see Rae Morris during the Reeperbahn Festival last week...wonderful atmosphere, wonderful performance >>>

Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 am

Jason "JT" Thomas. Killer.

amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 am

...with Keith Carlock >>>

Return to “Drumming Chat”