crash clown

Patrick Tiglao

Re: crash clown

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Da Chooch wrote:
Steve Holmes wrote: I always hated when Alex Van Halen elected to use the SSSSSSHHHHHHHH ride method because his ride patterns were so cool when he used the bell (Mean Streets guitar solo, Jump Guitar solo, etc). It does sound better sometimes though, depending on what the song is doing.

that's true Steve. Context is everything. there's ALOT of crash riding in contemporary christian worship music and I think it works rather well. I think it was Mike Bordin who said once (to paraphrase) that when I crash-ride it's like the equivalent to a power chord for guitarists, it's like taking the chorus section to 11 for drummers.

I can empathize with you..AVH does come up with some killer ride patterns ,but when he rides the crash he does it in the right places and it does seem to have that power chord effect.(Good Job Mike Bordin)
I know you all have seen that 5150 Concert....Killer crash-riding and killer bell/ride patterns all night long.. :D
There is nothing left to say.
Matus

Re: crash clown

Postby Matus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Actually, that's something he and Eddie always worked on together. The sounds for VH albums were carefully chosen and the choice of elements wasn't an exception.
I mean, even the Simmons kit sounded great :D
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito

Return to “Drumming Chat”