Sabian HH Production Question

littlegrooves

Sabian HH Production Question

Postby littlegrooves » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:57 pm

I know that some models in the Sabian HH line have been totally replaced by the HHX line, but was wondering if Sabian still produces HH series cymbals upon request? I have a 20" HH Manhattan Ride that I am in love with, but have grown weary of gigging with because I am afraid that if I crack it, then I will be S.O.L. and will have to go on Ebay to grab a new one. I've heard that Sabian still has the capacity to produce any of the cymbals that have been in past production, but there is the question of do they charge a huge fee to "fire up the old molds", etc...

The 20" HHX Manhattan just doesn't do it for me the way the good ole HH does...
Last edited by littlegrooves on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Sucherman

Re: Sabian HH Production Question

Postby Todd Sucherman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Sabian still makes all the HH stuff. Anything you want---they'll make it. Want 26" hi hats? They'll make 'em for you. Those guys are great about that stuff. So use your ride on gigs without fear. You could even send them your 20" and they'll make you and exact duplicate. The Sabian folks are unbelievably cool.

Cheers,
Todd
littlegrooves

Re: Sabian HH Production Question

Postby littlegrooves » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Wow, right on Todd! That makes me feel so much better about using this little bad boy :D

I've played on quite a few 20" HH Manhattans in my life, but this one just has that magic sound... I'd be devastated if it broke on me. Perhaps I actually will have them make me a duplicate, as long as it doesn't break in the mail on the way there!

Thanks again for the help, your info was exactly what I was looking for :)

Return to “Drumming Chat”