Hello!!

Glen Sobel

Hello!!

Postby Glen Sobel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:35 am

Hey guys of the HOD Forum! What up Steve Holmes? It's definitely been awhile since I've checked or posted here. I think I may subconsciously avoid this forum sometimes just because if I check it out, 2 hours will go by without any notice because I'll get wrapped up in all the interesting discussions and video links. You know you've done this before, right? Checkin the HOD forum and looking at the killer Vinnie, Gavin, Sucherman clips and suddenly it's 5 AM...haha.

Anyways, I'm in Germany right now on tour with Alice Cooper. This tour has been taking us to many great places. Alice is a super chill nice guy to work for and he definitely likes his band to be featured. Tonight we're co headlining a festival w/ Motorhead and Saturday we're off to Istanbul, Turkey to play the Sonisphere Fest w/ Iron Maiden and Slipknot. I know this isn't necessarily people's cup of tea here but I thought it would be cool to get back to reading and checking out the forum. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a fusion head just as much as a rock dude :) Love it all...

Just wanted to say hey guys. This is still the most intelligent message board in the drum community...I respect people's opinions here, even if I'm not always in agreement. Hope to see you guys soon!
g.....

PS. Steve I saw some of the youtube from your last Spud gig....killin!
Kurtis

Re: Hello!!

Postby Kurtis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Lots of us on the forum love watching your YouTube clips. When I went to MI back in 93/94 I didn't know you where such a monster player. Love your playing.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Hey Glen! I can relate to your taste in music. I love fusion, rock, metal, ect. I eat up all the genres really. Its awesome your out there seeing the world doing what you love. That is precisely what I'm working hard to accomplish. I've seen you around L.A. here and there. Would love to touch base with you sometime in person. Keep rockin!
Todd Sucherman

Postby Todd Sucherman » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey Glen,

Missed you in Europe by a week! Hope you're having fun.
Safe travels!
Todd
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Kurtis wrote:Lots of us on the forum love watching your YouTube clips.

!

>>>
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=559&p=7488&hilit=sobel#p7488
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Glenn - I see all your drumset POV pics in these huge stadiums, so happy for your success!!! Thanks for checking in, good luck out there.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Glenn! Rock monster! Please come back more often!
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Ardent15

Postby Ardent15 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Love watching your vids Glenn! You are a RIDICULOUS player! :D

Visit us often!
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for posting Glenn, have fun in Europe, cheers.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Glen Sobel

Postby Glen Sobel » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Well thx so much dudes! I know there's more than enough killer players here on this forum so thx for the cool words.

Todd I bet that tour is killer. You guys with Journey and Foreigner. Too cool. Hopefully our paths will cross again.
And thx, Steve...hope to cya soon, buddy.

Anyone trying to get in touch can reach me through my FB music page www.facebook.com/drummerglen or www.glensobel.com
I'd love to hear from you. Especially if I'm coming to a city near you.
Just tonight I met up with an old student of mine from MI. He lives in Germany about an hour away from the venue we just played so I got him passes ect. That's what so amazing about this world now. Keeping in touch is so easy.
Speaking of the gig tonight, I need to get cleaned up and to bed. We just rocked out for an insane crowd in Wesmain, Germany. Why are they insane? Because they don't care if there's a torrential downpour of rain. They hang all day and night in the wetness and mud to share the experience of a live gig. It's how they roll in this part of the world. :)
We got plenty wet ourselves afterwords watching a bit of Motorhead and earlier wathcing Danko Jones. Atom Willard from Angels & Airwaves, Offspring is playing with them now. Real nice guy and solid player esp if you're into the heavy pop and punk thing.
L8r dudes...I'm out. Peace...!

Return to “Drumming Chat”