Drummers poll

Andrew<3'sVinnie

Re: Drummers poll

Postby Andrew<3'sVinnie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Manu wrote:
Gaddabout wrote:You can't sweat these things. The polls are dominated by 14-year-olds. When I was 14 I think I probably would've ranked the "world's greatest drummers" something like this:

1. Neil Peart
Everyone else

Kidding!

1. Neil Peart
2. Billy Cobham (Because I just read a Modern Drummer article the told me I should be in awe of him, whoever he is)
3. Stewart Copeland
4. That dude from from that band who does that cool tom fill at the end of that song on that video I can't remember. You know the one. (Matt Frenette of Loverboy)
5. Whatever jazz drummer du jour whose poster is hanging on my instructor's wall and my instructor swears is the greatest drummer ever. I can't remember his name, but he's awesome because my instructor's the best drummer in 15 states so he must know. Not that ever heard the drummer play, because jazz is so BORING with all those flute solos and stuff.

Or something like that.

But they did get one thing right: Gavin Harrison #3! Yeahhhhh Gavin. Way to go dude. Way to make your mad skills translate to the kiddies and carry the torch for great playing.

:D

lol@jazz and flute solos.

And agree. Gavin is the only drummer from modern day rock/prog on that list that actually belongs there.
Juan Carlos Mendoza

Postby Juan Carlos Mendoza » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Terry Branam wrote:What's up Carlito!

Welcome to HOD bro.

What's up Terry?!! Dude thanks for the love my man!! I hope all is well with you. We have to catch up my man. As far as the poll, ah it is what it is LOL!! I was just appalled at the poll, but I have to remember that drumming is art and art is subjective to the listener. So it's all good. Looking forward to contributing to the page. Take care and God Bless.

Carlito

www.youtube.com/jmensticks
LinearDrumma

Postby LinearDrumma » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 pm

Juan Carlos Mendoza wrote: but I have to remember that drumming is art and art is subjective to the listener. So it's all good.

Yes its all good...unfortunately listeners are not always exposed to the higher forms of the art of drumming
electrizer

Re: DRUMMER'S POLL...SHOCKING RESULTS!!

Postby electrizer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Juan Expósito wrote:That poll results made Vinnie nervous: He suddenly forgot what the heck were those wooden pieces he had in his hands:

http://www.youtubeloop.com/v/QyhVQl0UuEg#s=7&e=14

That actually gave me a good chuckle... :D
Juan Carlos Mendoza

Postby Juan Carlos Mendoza » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:43 am

I do not know if this has been posted up, but I just saw this for the first time today and wow. What an animal Vinnie is LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmBZgJ890Yk

Juan Carlos Mendoza
www.youtube.com/jmensticks
Henry II

Re: DRUMMER'S POLL...SHOCKING RESULTS!!

Postby Henry II » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Juan Expósito wrote:That poll results made Vinnie nervous: He suddenly forgot what the heck were those wooden pieces he had in his hands:

http://www.youtubeloop.com/v/QyhVQl0UuEg#s=7&e=14

Thanks for that! :D
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III

Return to “Drumming Chat”