Drummers poll

Juan Carlos Mendoza

Drummers poll

Postby Juan Carlos Mendoza » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 am

Hey everyone,

First this forum is great with such a vast knowledge of not just drumming, but music in general. This is my first post and I needed to share this. I cannot believe Vinnie Colaiuta is NUMBER 8 :| :| :| :| :| :| :| on the list!!!!! The results of this drummer poll is schocking. Unbelievable. Anyhow, thank you guys for all your knowledge. Hope to contribute some time. Take care and God Bless.

Here you go: http://www.musicradar.com/rhythm/the-20 ... 270334/#!1

Juan Carlos Mendoza
http://www.youtube.com/jmensticks
Manu

Re: DRUMMER'S POLL...SHOCKING RESULTS!!

Postby Manu » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 am

As you can see, rock and metal drummers are very overrepresented, meaning this poll is more about the kind of music that people listen to not which drummer is better (if that's even possible to objectively assess=)
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 am

It is a hidden message:

You must turn the 8 to the side, and you get the relationship between that number and VINNIE:

dccollins

Postby dccollins » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:21 am

Juan Expósito wrote:It is a hidden message:

You must turn the 8 to the side, and you get the relationship between that number and VINNIE:

Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 am

Juan Carlos Mendoza wrote:The results of this drummer poll is schocking. Unbelievable.

Nah, pretty typical of those things. See also: youtube comments.
Terry Branam

Re: Drummers poll

Postby Terry Branam » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:05 pm

What's up Carlito!

Welcome to HOD bro.
Check out my app PERFECT RHYTHM on the App store!
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:19 pm

That poll results made Vinnie nervous: He suddenly forgot what the heck were those wooden pieces he had in his hands:

http://www.youtubeloop.com/v/QyhVQl0UuEg#s=7&e=14
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

You can't sweat these things. The polls are dominated by 14-year-olds. When I was 14 I think I probably would've ranked the "world's greatest drummers" something like this:

1. Neil Peart
Everyone else

Kidding!

1. Neil Peart
2. Billy Cobham (Because I just read a Modern Drummer article the told me I should be in awe of him, whoever he is)
3. Stewart Copeland
4. That dude from from that band who does that cool tom fill at the end of that song on that video I can't remember. You know the one. (Matt Frenette of Loverboy)
5. Whatever jazz drummer du jour whose poster is hanging on my instructor's wall and my instructor swears is the greatest drummer ever. I can't remember his name, but he's awesome because my instructor's the best drummer in 15 states so he must know. Not that ever heard the drummer play, because jazz is so BORING with all those flute solos and stuff.

Or something like that.

But they did get one thing right: Gavin Harrison #3! Yeahhhhh Gavin. Way to go dude. Way to make your mad skills translate to the kiddies and carry the torch for great playing.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 pm

like all polling, useless and silly.

Juan Expósito wrote:That poll results made Vinnie nervous: He suddenly forgot what the heck were those wooden pieces he had in his hands:

http://www.youtubeloop.com/v/QyhVQl0UuEg#s=7&e=14

he actually spent a good minute and a half picking out the right stick. good stuff.
Manu

Postby Manu » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Gaddabout wrote:You can't sweat these things. The polls are dominated by 14-year-olds. When I was 14 I think I probably would've ranked the "world's greatest drummers" something like this:

1. Neil Peart
Everyone else

Kidding!

1. Neil Peart
2. Billy Cobham (Because I just read a Modern Drummer article the told me I should be in awe of him, whoever he is)
3. Stewart Copeland
4. That dude from from that band who does that cool tom fill at the end of that song on that video I can't remember. You know the one. (Matt Frenette of Loverboy)
5. Whatever jazz drummer du jour whose poster is hanging on my instructor's wall and my instructor swears is the greatest drummer ever. I can't remember his name, but he's awesome because my instructor's the best drummer in 15 states so he must know. Not that ever heard the drummer play, because jazz is so BORING with all those flute solos and stuff.

Or something like that.

But they did get one thing right: Gavin Harrison #3! Yeahhhhh Gavin. Way to go dude. Way to make your mad skills translate to the kiddies and carry the torch for great playing.

:D

Return to “Drumming Chat”