Weckl interviewed by Chris Minh Doky

Phil T.

Re: Weckl interviewed by Chris Minh Doky

Postby Phil T. » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 am

Steve Holmes wrote:
S.P wrote:Thanks for sharing. I've never checked out the "Alive" and the original akoustic band records so I just bought them on amazon. Being in the UK with such cheap second hand CDs changing hands is great so I'm stocking up before I leave back to HK!

Oh MAN ..ALIVE changed things for me. There was a pro (VHS) video as well. That really had drumming on there that I had no earthly clue was possible. I dug the tunes too.

I was lucky enough to witness the Akoustic band back in the day at the old Yoshi's in Oakland. I remember I had to go home after the first set, first night. My brain was full... Stayed for both sets the second night. Lots of meaty stuff.
Riddim

Re: Weckl interviewed by Chris Minh Doky

Postby Riddim » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Gaddabout wrote:.

"Is it me or his solos getting more and more interesting as he ages? I loved what he played in that first clip. It was just so ... lovely. Just Weckl making music on a drum set. Not sure I can think of anyone else who solos as well as he does.

I'm not a huge fan of his - but that's a great example of compositional thinking, and he plays the heck out of the instrument.

Return to “Drumming Chat”