Vinnie Clinic London 1987 [audio]

bigbone

Re: Vinnie Clinic London 1987 [audio]

Postby bigbone » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:32 am

littlegrooves wrote:
Spagnuolo wrote:I got a pic off the internet that is the gretsch drums logo but it says colaiuta... i was front row in buffalo held it up and screamed at vinnie all night! he went into bus right away i gave the sign and told herbie to give it to vinnie (on back i said Vito and Mike say hi) two very close vinnie friends from toronto... then me and my bro started chanting vinnie until herbie made him come out the result is seen on the Chaka WTF thread oon here! lol he was great that night.... i also had a video saying he was abbruzzese (same part of italy we are from) then we gave him high fives and were laughing... and of course i forgot to hid record on my gay iphone. anyways its the second time we met him the first was behind a opera house in toronto again my friend mike was with vinnie eating b4 and he called me and told me where to wait my bro and i waited behind just 2 of us a van came... vinnie was in front seat then automatic gate opened and i jumped in front of van and wouldnt let the girl driving in... my bro wen to passenger side and vinnie was pissed rolling his eyes he cracked the window one inch then said no to pics... then i said hey come on man its just us... he still said no then i said come on we;re friends with mike S... then he jumped out of van and was like "sorrrrry guys" and was actually apologizing legitimatley !!! we were like "dont apologize i know we are stalkers lol he laughed and took pics and as the gate was closing he was saying sorry over the gate!!! --- it worked and there was no way that *&%&(#$en van was getting by! :)

Hmmm... no wonder Vinnie is all wigged out about meeting people.

No wonder, after a gig he run off to avoid those dumb ass.
Spagnuolo

Postby Spagnuolo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:19 am

Well its 2-0 for me so say what u want.. (even tho u prob tried same thing)
treeinrock

Postby treeinrock » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am

I'm sure Vinnie is not into Idolatry and doesn't feel comfortable with it, especially when it is "him" that people are worshiping.

Simple as that...
Lucas Ives

Postby Lucas Ives » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Having had to run interference for this sort of thing quite a few times, let me just say: out of 1,000 people at a gig, 99% are great. Which sounds good...

... but then you remember that means 10 yahoos waiting at the stage door every night to push, shove, and *demand*: time, photos, signatures, discussion, etc. It gets old fast. Now imagine the artist doing it every other night for the past 3+ decades.

And there's a big difference between a fan who admires with respect and one who think the artist owes them something. You can see it coming a mile a way after a while.

Ticket gets you a show, anything else is gravy and at the discretion of the performer.
RLRR LRLL

Postby RLRR LRLL » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 pm

I'd love the audio too!
... ... PM?
Please ... ;)
bigbone

Postby bigbone » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Spagnuolo wrote:Well its 2-0 for me so say what u want.. (even tho u prob tried same thing)

Nope i never try that, i respect too much the artist that i see.......
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 am

I´ve seen similar scenes...in Bon Jovi´s hotel rooms.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:34 pm

ha ha... i can understand both sides of it. however in the end it does come down too the conscious choice various people make to be famous. don't like what the fame brings? take your cash and go live a private life. but also people who hound them arent cool.

i think i pm'd everyone who wanted the audio, but if i missed anyone give a shout.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Josiah wrote:the conscious choice various people make to be famous. don't like what the fame brings? take your cash and go live a private life.

Who are you referring to? Who made a conscious decision to be "famous"? I know of many musicians who desire success (which can be defined many ways), and perhaps financial freedom, but fame? The only people I see seeking fame are the douchebags on reality T.V. Real artists/musicians do what they do because they HAVE to. They are compelled. There are many other easier ways to achieve financial freedom and fame than as a musician or artist.

I can understand being awestruck by someone whose playing you have analyzed under a microscope, and whose words and videos you have pored over. But to go to the extend of getting "in their face" or harassing them like that is inexcusably rude. I don't blame Vinnie or Neil Peart or Allan Holdsworth or whomever else for just deciding it's safer to shun everyone. After being accosted two hundred times by overbearing assholes, enough is enough. What you see and hear during the performance is all you are entitled to. Anything else offered is a bonus, but not mandatory and definitely not to be expected or DEMANDED.
Christopher

Postby Christopher » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:28 pm

I think a big part of the problem stems from how some people approach folks in the spotlight. If someone comes on like a crazed maniac fan, or creepy stalker, who would blame anybody for recoiling.

I try not to bug people. They have enough going on I figure. Unless they are doing an appearance like a book signing or something, I respect their privacy.

Neil Peart has said on numerous occasions that the main reason for his perceived fan disappreciation is that he’s genuinely embarrassed by adulation. The guy doesn’t believe he deserves the attention. We’d (most of us, at least) would likely disagree, but that’s the way the man feels. Who are we to say he shouldn’t?

Return to “Drumming Chat”