New Universe Music Festival CD- must have!

Snowdogyyz

New Universe Music Festival CD- must have!

Postby Snowdogyyz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 am

I picked this up recently... a GREAT release! Really great sound and excellent performances. I was lucky enough to be there to watch, listen, and work the event and hang out with some tremendous musicians and people. This is a drummer and guitar players dream. Jeff Sipe, Mark Mondesir, Lenny White, Gary Husband, Cliff Almond and Ranjij Barot. Jimmy Herring, Wayne Krantz, Alex Machacek, John McLaughlin. Lots of killer grooves and adventerous playing on this one. If you love fusion/world music, then I highly recommend this cd!
Ghostnoter

Re: New Universe Music Festival CD- must have!

Postby Ghostnoter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Snowdogyyz wrote:I picked this up recently... a GREAT release! Really great sound and excellent performances. I was lucky enough to be there to watch, listen, and work the event and hang out with some tremendous musicians and people. This is a drummer and guitar players dream. Jeff Sipe, Mark Mondesir, Lenny White, Gary Husband, Cliff Almond and Ranjij Barot. Jimmy Herring, Wayne Krantz, Alex Machacek, John McLaughlin. Lots of killer grooves and adventerous playing on this one. If you love fusion/world music, then I highly recommend this cd!

Any idea when the DVD will hit? I wonder if it will be a Blu ray release? I saw some of the footage and it is some cool stuff. I wanted to be there but couldn't make it.
G
Snowdogyyz

Re: New Universe Music Festival CD- must have!

Postby Snowdogyyz » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:28 am

I believe it comes out in late October or early November. There will be a blu-ray from what I understand. Souvik told me the other day that it is 193 minutes of music... should be great!

Return to “Drumming Chat”