Vinnie out with 60 year-old bass player

willyz

Re: Vinnie out with 60 year-old bass player

Postby willyz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Got Blushda?
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm

It looks like Vinnie is using a longer stick with more leverage than his old Z. Interested in checking out his new sig....
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm

You know, despite the questionable quality of these now several videos, I can already hear the regression in quality in his crashes.
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Steve Holmes wrote:You know, despite the questionable quality of these now several videos, I can already hear the regression in quality in his crashes.
I'm sure Vinnie has a different opinion. lol :lol:
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S.P

Postby S.P » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm

I caught Sting's show on Sunday night in HKG. Sting is one of my favourite artists and I'm so happy I got to watch him live and with Vinnie as well! It was a great show, the musicians as everyone knows are great and Sting's voice is even more amazing live. My favourite albums of his are The Soul Cages and Nothing like the sun and his set list lacked songs from those albums. The crowds go mad for Every Breath You Take and Roxanne in particular but I personally do not enjoy those songs...The Hounds of Winter was amazing as were many others...I Hung My Head was good too, and heavy cloud, no rain! Overall, I really enjoyed it. With regards to Vinnie's new gear, the sound at the Exhibition hall was not the greatest and even though Vinnie isn't a light hitter his drums were still very low in the mix and you could not hear any of the nuances he was playing...his hi-hat was the loudest bit of his kit. He got a little solo spot but it feels like on this tour he is playing with less passion/anger or whatever it was that fuelled him in the tours of the 90s which is something I do miss. Overall it was a great experience and definitely one of the top things crossed off my bucket list - good to see Vinnie making it out to Asia as he didn't come out when the Five Peace Band were here a few years ago.
Avi_drums

Postby Avi_drums » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 am

willyz wrote:

Fuck yea...
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Steve Holmes wrote:You know, despite the questionable quality of these now several videos, I can already hear the regression in quality in his crashes.

You may not dig the 602s, but calling them a regression in quality is crazy. That whole line is insanely musical.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm

The new 602's are nice. A buddy of mine picked up two new 602's and I checked them out at a drum hang. Clean sound. Not much character. Nice sound tho. If someone or something gave me them I'd play them. Wouldn't purchase them. Zilds are my choice always.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Actually, regression means a return to a former state. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Just sayin'. ;) :geek:
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:09 pm

I hear what you're saying Paul, they've never had the fullness to my ear, the sound is kind of thinner over all in my opinion.

I just think the Zildjians sound significantly better.

Return to “Drumming Chat”