The New Universe Music Festival DVD is out!

Snowdogyyz

The New Universe Music Festival DVD is out!

Postby Snowdogyyz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 am

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/prod ... ctid=25266

I watched my copy last night... excellent production on this. Some amazing drumming going on.... Jeff Sipe (pulling double duty with Machacek and Herring), Ranjij Barot, Cliff Almond, Lenny White, Mark Mondesir, and a well known HOD'er... Gary Husband playing keys AND drums. This one is worth picking up. Disk 2 is some highlights of the tribute to McLaughlin and interviews with the performers. This was also a guitar players dream: Herring, Machacek, McLaughlin... it doesn't get much better! My old drums make an appearance as well (black sparkle sunburst yammies). One highlight for me is Zakir Hussein joining McLaughlin and band for the last song, which turns into a drumming jam between Zakir, Mondesir and Gary. Hard to tell where the one is sometimes!

Anyway, if you are into fusion, this is for you. If you haven't seen or heard of Jeff Sipe.. you need to. Very musical player.
gretsch-o-rama

Re: The New Universe Music Festival DVD is out!

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 am

Highly recommended! I was there for the Saturday night and regretfully couldn't stay for Sunday which was amazing judging by the DVD. I just wish there was more of everything!
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.

Return to “Drumming Chat”