Adrian Belew -"Two of A Perfect Trio" tour?

tobiasralph

Adrian Belew -"Two of A Perfect Trio" tour?

Postby tobiasralph » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Just wondering if anyone on HoD is coming down to see one of the next few shows in California? Or any other dates? We're in SF tonight!
Oct 18 San Francisco, CA / Regency
Oct 19 Solana Beach, CA / Belly Up
Oct 21 Agoura Hills, CA / Canyon Club

I'm playing all of the shows through October 21 and then head up to Montreal to perform at the Montreal Drum Festival. Danny Carey's going to sit in for me for two shows, so that I can play the festival:

Oct 22 Santa Ana, CA / Galaxy (w/ Danny Cary of Tool)
Oct 24 Santa Fe, NM / Sol @ Santa Fe Brewing Co. (Danny Cary of Tool)

Then I'll be back on October 26th to finish out the tour. This tour has been tremendous and we're all having such a great time! Anyway, please let me know if you're going to a show - it'd be great to meet some fellow drummers from HoD.

Cheers,
Tobias Ralph
Gaddabout

Re: Adrian Belew -"Two of A Perfect Trio" tour?

Postby Gaddabout » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

tobiasralph wrote:Just wondering if anyone on HoD is coming down to see one of the next few shows in California? Or any other dates? We're in SF tonight!
Oct 18 San Francisco, CA / Regency
Oct 19 Solana Beach, CA / Belly Up
Oct 21 Agoura Hills, CA / Canyon Club

I'm playing all of the shows through October 21 and then head up to Montreal to perform at the Montreal Drum Festival. Danny Carey's going to sit in for me for two shows, so that I can play the festival:

Oct 22 Santa Ana, CA / Galaxy (w/ Danny Cary of Tool)
Oct 24 Santa Fe, NM / Sol @ Santa Fe Brewing Co. (Danny Cary of Tool)

Then I'll be back on October 26th to finish out the tour. This tour has been tremendous and we're all having such a great time! Anyway, please let me know if you're going to a show - it'd be great to meet some fellow drummers from HoD.

Cheers,
Tobias Ralph

Were you just in Phoenix? Can't believe I missed you.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
tobiasralph

Postby tobiasralph » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 am

Hey Gaddabout-

Apologies in advance for any typos I'm tired and a bit bleary-eyed b/c we just got to a hotel somewhere in CA to sleep for a few hours before we head down to San Diego later today. We haven't played Phoenix yet. We play there on Oct 23 Phoenix, AZ / CRESCENT THEATER. Forgot to list that gig before. But, I won't be playing it because I'll be performing at the Montreal Drum Festival that day, so Danny's going to sit in for me that show too. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with Danny (along with Pat Mastelotto) to rehearse him for the shows. It'll be a blast.
We'll catch up at some point, my friend.
Cheers,
Tobias
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:14 am

Tobias.....have ya got a Zappa stories from Adrian worth sharing...?
When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
tobiasralph

Postby tobiasralph » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, Tony Levin has been blogging about the tour on his website:

http://www.papabear.com/tours/smusa11/smusa11_1.htm

Hopefully, I inserted the link correctly. If not, apologies, I'm not a techie, that's why I play drums. Should be able to cut and paste it...anyway lots of great commentary and photos of both bands on it.
tobiasralph

Postby tobiasralph » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 am

Hey sjj123-

Yes, I have been privy to many great stories of Adrian's days with Zappa, but out of respect for him I can't share them here. It's ultimately for Adrian to tell at some point. Sorry, probably not the answer you want to hear, but Adrian's a very private man. Suffice to say, that he greatly enjoyed playing with Zappa.

Cheers,
Tobias
sjj123

Postby sjj123 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 am

OK....guess I wont ask about any Peter Gabriel story's either....Ha! I understand...cool stuff.

When your taking on flack your over the target
NRA Life Member
tobiasralph

Postby tobiasralph » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks for understanding...there have been lots of interesting stories to go around! Thanks for posting the clip. I hadn't seen that one yet.
old_K_ride

Postby old_K_ride » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 am

speaking of King Crimson , here's my left hand applauding Bill Bruford on Wednesday night in Lexington , KY .

" click " on photo . thanks ! :)
Attachments
Bill 01 small.jpg
Bill 01 small.jpg (113.74 KiB) Viewed 4799 times
tobiasralph

Postby tobiasralph » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 am

Paiste Cymbals just posted an interview with me and Pat Mastelotto that was recorded before our performance in Agoura Hills, CA on October 21st. They also posted some really great live (professional) footage of us performing King Crimsom's "B'Boom"(recorded at our show in Montreal on Oct. 2) onto their website.

http://www.paiste.com/e/news.php?actn=d ... ewsid=1122

Well, I'm heading back out to meet everyone in St. Louis to finish the tour. I'm bummed that it's coming to an end...for now... It's been awesome! Here are the final dates:

Oct 26 St Louis, MO / Old Rockhouse
Oct 27 Indianapolis, IN / Birdys
Oct 28 Nashville, TN / Belcourt
Oct 29 Asheville, NC / Moogfest

Return to “Drumming Chat”