Kirk Covington

Yussuf

Re: Kirk Covington

Postby Yussuf » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:59 am

Kirk Covington is great, I like the risk taking mentality and the humour too..Great sound. In comparison Borlai is like a well oiled military tank, gets the job done I guess..
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:27 am

It is funny though, that Henderson dislike Covington's busy nature after all these years.
They've never killed as much as with Virgil, being extremely busy. I can listen to these bootlegs over and over.

gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:29 pm

I appreciate Scott Henderson's candor but it really bugs me when pro musicians(or anyone, for that matter) pull false flags when name dropping other "pros"...if you can't say it with out name dropping, it probably could be left unsaid. Even if you don't actually "name drop".

BTW, I think Kinsey is a genius.
Last edited by gretsch-o-rama on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Morgenthaler wrote:It is funny though, that Henderson dislike Covington's busy nature after all these years.
They've never killed as much as with Virgil, being extremely busy. I can listen to these bootlegs over and over.

I remember hearing that Virg was playing with them, but it didn't last very long. I assume they didn't think it was a good match. He's pretty busy on there, and there's not anywhere near as much grooviness as the original track with Joey. I've listened to Dense Dance, and Gotta B countlesss times.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Steve Holmes wrote:I remember hearing that Virg was playing with them, but it didn't last very long. I assume they didn't think it was a good match.

Yes, in reality they got together for only one short Australian tour - it was never intended for more. A one off. And since it didn't repeat once Virg setttled in the US, I think yours is a fair analysis.
I still think these clips kill, though ;)
Last edited by Morgenthaler on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:13 am

http://online-discussion.dhenderson.com ... php?t=1411

Willis and I have decided not to continue with Tribal Tech. There are many reasons, but here are a few of mine.

I find it difficult to work on music when band members live in other countries. It’s a lot of work sending files back and forth, and there’s an unbelievable amount of post-production needed after the basic tracks are done. The recording budgets are low enough with a trio - I can no longer justify spending that amount of time for the same budget with a quartet.

It’s a similar situation with touring. I have a family to support and thankfully I’m making good money with my trio and HBC. Nothing against keyboard players, but I’m having a great time writing instrumental music for guitar and I want to put all my attention on that path because it’s more challenging as a guitarist and composer. I still hope to play with Deron Johnson in LA, and also with Steve Taviglione, two of my favorite musicians.

Thanks to all the fans who supported Tribal Tech!
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Henderson exudes douche quite well. There's absolutely no gratitude in his words...
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.

Return to “Drumming Chat”